Me = One Sad Puppy....

Alright so today I reserved my copy of GTA!V (granted I know I'm a little late but oh well)...

I get home feeling good about myself knowing I have a copy waiting for me to be played on April 29th. Next thing ya know, my Xbox is being all goofy. The disc tray keeps popping open and refuses to shut, and it makes these grinding noises that make me worry about my disc.

I call Microsoft, already knowing that I need to send in my Xbox but wanting to know what the flip is up. This lady that picks up the phone is the most unknowledgable person I have ever talked to, and repeatedly tells me "I'm sorry, we have nothing in our records of this," which I know is bull because everything that can go wrong with a 360 has. Erggg it just angers me how stupid she is

So sadly, on April 29th, I will be sitting at home, sniffing my case and probably reading the manual. After that, I'll probably cry myself to sleep....so thank you again Microsoft, for having my Xbox be so reliable to where I have to send it in TWICE before a big game release (happened with Halo too). This saddens me......

Edited by Kirby68

That sucks. Mine got RROD's twice before but worked again fine after I moved it into another room. When I got the RROD the second time, I called Microsoft and the guy said it could be the power cord and said try replacing it. I did that and haven't got the red rings again.

Anyways mine also does the grinding noises sometimes but not all the time. The only thing that pissed me off which I still can't figure out is when my one month of Xbox live ran out. I went and got a 13 month gamer card and when I tried to type the code in, it wouldn't let me and said try recovering gamertag. So I tried and then I put the code in but then I notice that I lost 2000 gamerscore :o and all the games I have played and beaten were gone. They were completely gone from the hard drive. I tried another recover gamertag and I only got 800 gamerscroce back.

GUES WHAT! I tipped a hot cup of tea over my PS3 a few months ago and i was about to kill myself when i shook it and hot water started dripping out of the disk tray but AGAIN GUES WHAT!! It still WORKS! i cant imagine how but now my only problem is sometimes when i insert the disk i have to manually push it in because it doesnt go in automatically but that happens rarely. And in almost 1 year it has not broken a single time. Anyways i hope Microsoft stop being gay and fix your Xbox on time.

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

97% of the people who pick up those phones at microsoft, noy only cant speak propper english, but have never even touched an XBOX 360. They just have a sheet of paper telling them what can go wrong with a 360, some "troubleshooting tips" that don't, never have and never will work and how to send in your 360. I know it won't be the same but, since you'll probably be desperate to play GTA IV, you could try it. You still have your hard drive right? Well, some entertainment and game stores like Hastings' rents game consoles. The only thing about this is you have to write out a money order or check for the price of the console, incase you break the system. Just sayin.

thats why im glad i bought a ps3 instead of 360 because i havent had one promblem with this while alot of 360 ownrs have had that promblem plus the red ring of death or w/e lol.

GTA is comming quick

True, 360 failure rate= 30%

PS3 failure rate= 2%

But the 360 does have an extended warranty. I'm a 360 owner by the way.

Anyways, Kirby68, hope you figure something out. No one deserves to be without their 360. Especially at the launch of a big game. Good luck brother.

sure the 360 has an extended warranty, but does that really matter when you have to send in ur 360 for repairs the day before iv is released, and you friend will buy the game for ps3 and beat it before you even get your console back? i would rather have reliability than extended warrenty in the long run, so i think im going to get a ps3.

and kirby, try checking out your local video rental store, most of them rent out consoles. (at least where i live).

thats why im glad i bought a ps3 instead of 360 because i havent had one promblem with this while alot of 360 ownrs have had that promblem plus the red ring of death or w/e lol.

GTA is comming quick

True, 360 failure rate= 30%

PS3 failure rate= 2%

But the 360 does have an extended warranty. I'm a 360 owner by the way.

Anyways, Kirby68, hope you figure something out. No one deserves to be without their 360. Especially at the launch of a big game. Good luck brother.

I so glad i got a PS3 if thats true.

Xbox 360's hardware is very unreliable, I checked it out with a guy in my neibourhood a few weeks back(cause I was supposed to purchase it for the GTA4 release), turns out his console RroD in about 6months, then he asked for a replacement, which he received after a month after days of explaining over the phone. Heres the best part the replacement which arrived RroD a week later and microsoft are not ready to replace it for 3-4 months because they are out of stock or some crap like that. So now I've dumped he idea of getting a console decide to get some stuff for my PC instead.

Best of luck kerby hope you don't have to wait too long.

If you have a "rent to own" shop in your area, you could get a 360 from them for a month. Save the bill & file a small

claims lawsuit against MS for poor support of their warranty. There's a good chance they will just pay a small RTO bill

instead of sending someone to your city to answer the claim. It's kind of petty, but at least you could pay back some of

the headaches to MS. You might even back the money you spent renting a replacement console while they dink around

w/ yours.

Xbox 360's hardware is very unreliable, I checked it out with a guy in my neibourhood a few weeks back(cause I was supposed to purchase it for the GTA4 release), turns out his console RroD in about 6months, then he asked for a replacement, which he received after a month after days of explaining over the phone. Heres the best part the replacement which arrived RroD a week later and microsoft are not ready to replace it for 3-4 months because they are out of stock or some crap like that. So now I've dumped he idea of getting a console decide to get some stuff for my PC instead.

Best of luck kerby hope you don't have to wait too long.

Huh, really?

Cause my 360's been working like a dream ever since i got it in 06.

Maybe i'm just lucky though, i would hate it if it broke down just before IV's release... Hope it all works out Kirby.