48 minute days

Apparently a day in GTAIV will take 48 minutes, unlike previous games, which only took 24 minutes.

I personally find this odd...from my understanding we're able to still see what time it is in game...So if GTAIV will show the clock like previous games have, then noon will be 24:00.

I'm assuming that they'll only have actual clocks in game that you could look at such as your phone. That being said they'll probably have the clocks run slower than they usually do in game.

Your thoughts?

SOURCE

Its pretty cool and realistic but at the same time kinda confusing. It might take a while for me to get used to it. Anybody played True Crime: New York? It took ages for it to become morning and i always had to wait infront of a clothes store till it finally opened up in after 8:30 AM and that pissed me off.

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

Well thats an improvement. I think that its better for the day/night to slow down. It will definitely make it more relastic and make everything you do feel longer.

Hopefully at night there will be less cars and people= easy evading police ( besides some places like: Times Square ) and rush hour in day.

I'm pleased with this change, I did feel that time was passing far too quickly in previous games. I reckon that the longer nights & days might also be handy for missions where stealth & the cover of darkness are required or for simply giving you longer to admire the sexy new sunsets.

I'm pleased with this change, I did feel that time was passing far too quickly in previous games. I reckon that the longer nights & days might also be handy for missions where stealth & the cover of darkness are required or for simply giving you longer to admire the sexy new sunsets.

Those are the exact reasons I'm happy with the change.

I mean really, there's only one downside... you have to start a mission at a certain time - you gotta wait twice as long to start it :P

Having said that, if you need to collect weapons and shit before hand it's actually pretty useful since you have twice as long to get stuff.

I don't know if it's just me, but I never really noticed time that much. The only time it really bothered me (as mentioned before) was the timed missions where you needed a certain time to start it.

That's the only true time I looked at the clock, unless it was for something stupid as "Let's see how many people I can kill in (insert time here)", which didn't happen often. I don't think I'll be noticing the time change that much, but it is a nice touch for the game and adds more longitivity to a day.

Edited by Kirby68

Apparently a day in GTAIV will take 48 minutes, unlike previous games, which only took 24 minutes.

I personally find this odd...from my understanding we're able to still see what time it is in game...So if GTAIV will show the clock like previous games have, then noon will be 24:00.

I'm assuming that they'll only have actual clocks in game that you could look at such as your phone. That being said they'll probably have the clocks run slower than they usually do in game.

Your thoughts?

SOURCE

Dude... It doesn't mean that Liberty City's days will be 48 hours long, it just means that each minute of game time will take 2 seconds of "real time". So one hour game time = 2 minutes real time.