• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Don't Know

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do sometimes. It's something to follow in life, knowing that whatever you're doing is right or wrong is like setting myself rules for life. If I were an Atheist I wouldn't care about much.

Whether or not you believe in God has absolutely nothing to do with ethics.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe morality truly exists. That is, I don't believe any occurence can be classified as either "right" or "wrong" because fundamentally there is no right or wrong. All events are concrete until we make them abstract by inducing our emotions (which are only the product of our environment and therefore subject to change, anyhow).

However, despite this idea, I still maintain respect. So just because I'm atheist does not mean I don't care about anything.

Why is that nearly every answer to this question that I ever see is typically always based solely from emotions?

Yes, it is possible to believe in God and be against religion.

Yes, it is possible to not believe in God while still being a "good" person.

For fuck's sake.

I actually do sometimes. It's something to follow in life, knowing that whatever you're doing is right or wrong is like setting myself rules for life. If I were an Atheist I wouldn't care about much.

Whether or not you believe in God has absolutely nothing to do with ethics.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe morality truly exists. That is, I don't believe any occurence can be classified as either "right" or "wrong" because fundamentally there is no right or wrong. All events are concrete until we make them abstract by inducing our emotions (which are only the product of our environment and therefore subject to change, anyhow).

However, despite this idea, I still maintain respect. So just because I'm atheist does not mean I don't care about anything.

Why is that nearly every answer to this question that I ever see is typically always based solely from emotions?

Yes, it is possible to believe in God and be against religion.

Yes, it is possible to not believe in God while still being a "good" person.

For fuck's sake.

This.

Sometimes I'm not sure, but if anything, I'm a de-ist...the belief that life was created but after that, the creator has never interfered or done anything with life.

in all honesty i am not the strongest believers i want to believe in god at times when it suites me but then you look at what happens on earth,like so many people i have heard say "how do we know this isn't hell and we reincarnate until we get it right"but i do not believe we become trees

My beliefs lie between Christianity and what Chris82 said, but more leaning towards Christianity, since that's how I was raised.

Saying God doesn't exist is sort of like someone all of the sudden trying to tell you that 2+2= purple...it's sort of hard to take...although...it's more complicated then that. For me, facts could be more easily changed than beliefs.

For example, Pluto used to be a planet. Once a fact, now it isn't.

Honestly, it's hard to believe anything these days.