Do You Believe In God?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. So....Do You...

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Don't Know

maybe he just doesn t care about u

How about you shove your smuggness right back up your ass? Just because he has a different opinion doesn't you should act all high and mighty. I happen to agree with MLL. And go right ahead and say God doesn't care about me. It doesn't change my opinion that religion is a total waste of time, but I'm not gonna belittle others for their beliefs. I personally think that's tasteless and I sure wouldn't want someone doing the same to me.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say that most of what the Church "teaches" is bullshit.

Ever been to church?

They don't teach. They merely just tell you what the bible says and just tells us to help one and other.

And who the fuck is he to tell me what's wrong or right?

Assuming there is a god; you're an idiot. Same for Deji.

Edit:

+1 for L-Ric.

I think it's safe to say that most of what the Church "teaches" is bullshit.

Ever been to church?

They don't teach. They merely just tell you what the bible says and just tells us to help one and other.

And who the fuck is he to tell me what's wrong or right?

Assuming there is a god; you're an idiot. Same for Deji.

Edit:

+1 for L-Ric.

Well, yeah, assuming, but you don't have any proof, right?

BTW I do respect other peope's opinions but I can also express my opinion, I admit I shouldn't have used swearing in that specific opinion but you can't say that I'm a idiot neither.

:thumbsdown: for those who think the World was created by some Carbon atoms.

I can agree with you there. After watching some programmes on TV about whether the existence of god is real or not, this theory always comes up. The thing is, once you understand how Carbon Molecules work, you start to understand the other concepts of how everything else is made. I started to believe that we were made of Carbon atoms, but then again, it's what I believed in. So I have to choose between God and Scientific theory, probably that's the reason why I can't make my mind up on what I should believe in.

Also, I've been doing a bit of revision in R.E and I found out something that caught me about whether to believe in god or not. But basically what It said was if you believe in god, good things will come to you, or something like that, it was in a quote which I can't even find now. I hate reading holy scriptures, but that one got me. I think if you believe in god, then miracles will happen to you.

Meh, I really hope I get good marks in R.E... :P

There is no God, for me.

Afcourse im an Atheist, not a Satanist. .

But there is no god for me, i think its only a bullshit that is created for people who are bad that if they do something bad they will be punished. (No offence for those who believe, and if offended, sry :P).

I think it's a bit sad thinking that some massively powerful dude in the sky created earth. Some guy, who, and conveniently so, hasn't given us a miracle, a saviour, or anything since we stopped making stories up about him... Hmmm.... how odd...[/quote

I was just admitting a possibility

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
yes it is, but how can people believe in something that they have never seen. but i understand that though, because i believe that if i open a knife and if someone else closes it then i will have bad luck. but ive never had bad luck from that, but then again ive always closed my knife.

How can people believe in something they have never seen? Tell me, have you seen love? Have you seen fear?

Prove that they exist.

Like I've said before, you're thinking too literal about the concept of God. God doesn't have to be a physical entity of any sort. God can be a force, or a spirit of some sort. A physically imperceptible force.

However, I still do not believe in God and I surely don't advocate religion by any means. The primary reason for my rejection of religion is simply because I regard many religious practices to be unnecessary. I'm an advocate of personal and communal strength. That is, strength in yourself and in humanity, together as one.

You don't need faith in God. You don't need to worship or adhere to futile religious practices. You just need faith in yourself.

Too many people are so caught up in having an answer to everything. So what? You feel you have an answer to life, yet look at what you place your dependence on. The foundations of your personal and moral integrity are not the product of your own will.

Love, Fear, Faith are all feelings. You can't see them. You can't see air but you still breathe it.

God might be a force or w/e. But in the bible, it says that Jesus was real, living man. Maybe so,

But he wasn't no son of God and a virgin. There might have been a crazy man, who believed that he

was the son of the almighty god, but he was just mental. :P