Low poly interiors? Better collissions?

Why did they do that like in all previous GTAs? The cheap way of adding a texture of a shop to a wall which looks completely nasty. Eventhough its not that important i think they could make an improvement and atleast try to make a few low poly interior and just repeat them or something. Take a look:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=g...n1_1280x720.jpg

This one is not that bad but i think if they will keep on repeating these things IV might turn out looking like this:

vcem2.jpg

They did this same sh*t in all the GTA series and it really pissed me off. Another thing that pissed me off were cheap colissions. In III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS whenever you punched a wall your hand would just go through or in some places you could even walk through walls. I hope they will make propper colissions in IV.

vc1xp5.jpg

sasd1.jpg

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

Yeah, I don't understand how some complain at every little flaw they see in screenshots. It's not the final build so chill. I also get the impression that some keep complaining about the game even though there's more content in it then they could ask for.

I think IV will be awsome but i do care about things like this. Its falt, they could make it more 3d or they could make a really small low poly interior and repeat it. They have enough people and tools so i dont think that would be too hard. In games such as True Crime: New York, Scarface and half life 2 these things were hardly noticible but on that screen its just to visible. I wonder what will happen if it shoot on it: Nothing. That is my point. Its not really that important though and i guess i get your point and i guess i was to harsh on the topics name so i will change it.

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

And your post proved my point. How can Rockstar imitate real life flawlessly? No matter what Rockstar, Activision, Ubisoft or any other developer makes, physics beats them at it. Plus it doesn't affect gameplay hugely that it screws up the game so there's not much to complain about.

And your post proved my point. How can Rockstar imitate real life flawlessly? No matter what Rockstar, Activision, Ubisoft or any other developer makes, physics beats them at it. Plus it doesn't affect gameplay hugely that it screws up the game so there's not much to complain about.

Have you played Half life 2? If you punch any sort of glass in the game it will have a crack on it eventhough it might never brake. When you punch a wall it leaves a mark or when you shoot glass it makes cracks. And they have good interiors. That what i wanna see in IV and they could improve the flat look of it by making it more 3d or creating a low poly interior as i said before.

yeah that is kinda bad, but at least the textures are better quality, and buildings are higher poly. I hated that most of vice cities buildings where just boxes.

I also hated that stuff in VC especially. But it did improve and i dont think that it will be too common in IV as it was in VC. Half Life 2 was an awsome game with excellent collisions and models. The next gen consoles and pcs can handle HD models with no problems. Its not that bad but yes it could be improved but as said before it is not the final version (hopefully) i think we should just wait untill the game is out and see. both of you proved your point.

Edited by AIR

Yeah, I don't understand how some complain at every little flaw they see in screenshots. It's not the final build so chill. I also get the impression that some keep complaining about the game even though there's more content in it then they could ask for.

I don't see why you're complaining about someone complaining about the game, I think it's a pretty good discussion. I also don't like the low poly stupid looking interiors that look like they got flattened by a bulldozer, so I do want to see what people say.

This is what i think will happen. First, when the game is finally out people will play and just not care about those things but then after they finished all the missions, side missions, stunts and extras they will start noticing more and more of those kinda things especially if we get into modding and modelling. As said before, i think they should try and improve the models by adding small low poly interiors with different textures and just repeat them over and over again but atleast that would look better. Also as said before they have enough people and stuff to make this possible.

Im sorry if i sound like im complaining but like other people who are interested i want to discuss this. Even if people say things like that they do not care or this is not important, thats great because this is forming a good discussion. I want to hear peoples oppinions and this is kinda the point of Forums isnt it? Im not only complaining about the screenshot, i also want to discuss collisions. So far nobody has said anything so i will start off.

I want the collisions to be exactly like in Half Life 2. In that game not only were the models perfect, they had excellent collisions and no matter what sort of glass you hit or shot it always made cracks eventhough it not always was able to brake. The player models hands did not go through the walls if you punched them, unlike in previous gta games (see the screenshot above), and the punch or hit would actually leave a mark on the wall. It is confirmed that shots will leave marks on walls and cars but will punches and hits with melee weapons?

Why do you all have problems with that for? GTA IV doesn't need to have what Half-Life 2 has with that Low Poly interior. This game has massively improved from what it was back a long time ago and you shouldn't worry about what you see in just one image. The textures on that image seem to be fine and it really shouldn't cause any problems to the player anyways. Probably in the future, when GTA gaming goes advanced, it will probably have no Shop Textures, but a actual shop which you can enter.

And those collisions, those might not be in the game anymore, possibly you might get hurt if you punch, or it would be disabled when you stand around the wall? I don't know. But to be honest, why worry about that? It's not like the end of the world, is it?

I can agree with you there, especially with the textures and collisions, but it doesn't matter as long as the most important thing is in the game, and that's gameplay. And like I said before, they might eventually fix those problems in the near future...

Why do you all have problems with that for? GTA IV doesn't need to have what Half-Life 2 has with that Low Poly interior. This game has massively improved from what it was back a long time ago and you shouldn't worry about what you see in just one image. The textures on that image seem to be fine and it really shouldn't cause any problems to the player anyways. Probably in the future, when GTA gaming goes advanced, it will probably have no Shop Textures, but a actual shop which you can enter.

And those collisions, those might not be in the game anymore, possibly you might get hurt if you punch, or it would be disabled when you stand around the wall? I don't know. But to be honest, why worry about that? It's not like the end of the world, is it?

I can agree with you there, especially with the textures and collisions, but it doesn't matter as long as the most important thing is in the game, and that's gameplay. And like I said before, they might eventually fix those problems in the near future...

Usually i dont have problems with those kind of stuff to do with models but in this case when i saw the screenshot it just reminded me of VC with its flat textures. Because of the topic im getting a better view of IV and its not complaining its discussing because we all have different oppinions. Im just giving half life as an example of good collisions thats all. I myself started noticing these things way after i finished the game and went onto modding and only then did they start pissing me off (mostly in VC, SA was ok). Sure it is getting better but i just think it could have been better than it is already.

Personally i have never even thought of having collisions disabled and that is a very good solution.

I was just about to say this is a good discussion because im actually learning things and im interested. I dont have much problems with these things but it is interesting to see what people say. In this case (screenshot) it is noticible though that its way too FLAT. But yes this could have been made during the early stages. Good thinking TM, the option of having dissabled colisions would be a very good solution.

Half Life might be a good example but there completely different games. GTA has no loading times for a MASSIVE city with interiors to almost every building, it has a load of vehicles to drive each with individual handling qualities, some of the best AI we've seen, should I say more?

Point is, Rockstar are trying to make a game which is going to have great gameplay and look fantastic. Now coming up from there past titles they didn't really have to worry about graphics as the gameplay was so good. But with next-gen consoles people thrive on good graphics, a game which doesn't look good in there eyes is a rubbish game and they won't buy it. Rockstar have taken a massive jump graphics wise and the GTA franchise has never looked so good, but Rockstar wan't to focus on gameplay as always.

What I'm saying is that while there may be a few buildings without 3D interiors, it's nothing to hate the game about. When your in an intense cop'n'robbers chase on multiplayer with friends, you won't take notice will you? Also I don't really see the point in making an interior for a pointless and small building when you'll probaly never use it for anything.

Half Life might be a good example but there completely different games. GTA has no loading times for a MASSIVE city with interiors to almost every building, it has a load of vehicles to drive each with individual handling qualities, some of the best AI we've seen, should I say more?

Point is, Rockstar are trying to make a game which is going to have great gameplay and look fantastic. Now coming up from there past titles they didn't really have to worry about graphics as the gameplay was so good. But with next-gen consoles people thrive on good graphics, a game which doesn't look good in there eyes is a rubbish game and they won't buy it. Rockstar have taken a massive jump graphics wise and the GTA franchise has never looked so good, but Rockstar wan't to focus on gameplay as always.

What I'm saying is that while there may be a few buildings without 3D interiors, it's nothing to hate the game about. When your in an intense cop'n'robbers chase on multiplayer with friends, you won't take notice will you? Also I don't really see the point in making an interior for a pointless and small building when you'll probaly never use it for anything.

We do not hate the game for it we just think its cheap and looks bad and should be avoided.

I really don't see why having some 2D textures on some buildings is such a problem. I can see that the bar has been raised very high and that graphics seem to be a priority these days but having a few 2D textures here and there shouldn't be much of a problem. GTAIV is high speed action and personally IMO half of us would rarely get time to stop and look. Unless you're not on a mission or just plain bored..

What I'm saying is, GTAIV runs on it's own formula. It rarely borrows elements from other games here and there and having the best graphics in town doesn't seem to be the priority with IV. Sure, they have massively improved in the graphics department because the time has come to do so but gameplay is the priority. That's what makes this game stand out. And having these textures would most likely have no overall effect on the game at all.