GTA IV back cover discovered

GTA Don

When I saw the dummy covers at my local EB Games, I was surprised to see how detailed they were. In fact at first I mistook it for being the finished copy, obviously I was wrong as I soon realized. However a lucky GameSpot user has discovered the official back cover for the games box at Curry's (UK gaming store apparently).

6034812579.jpg

The back of the cover says:

2What does the American dream mean today?

For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't."

The cover also reveals that the PlayStation 3 version of the game can run at 1080p, which means a HD experience, just like a movie, only playable. (Click the image below to see what were on about here.)

3602189475.jpg

Most likely you have seen the back cover already, word goes most UK and American stores have got the final cover out on show. For those elsewhere, this is a little treat.

Source: RockstarWatch

I'm visiting my local Curry's tomorrow.

This is not the official back cover because it says network up to 16 people, but rockstar said the ps3 will only have 2 player split screen, no online play.

Well, that's totally wrong for a start. Both 360 and PS3 have 16 player online content (for some of the modes), get your facts right before posting. As for the back cover, most shops slap on some sort of cover to vaguely resemble what the final product would look like. It is only a display cover, so it isn't real.

Currys do create they're own boxes untill its released, so that could be a fake, plus theres no confirmation that Six Axis is enabled for GTA IV. So this in my opinion is not the real thing but a good dam find.

But I will go to some game shops to see if there is a 360 version like Currys or Game

Edited by Mark_D

I'd say it's either something that the store made (and it's pretty damn good) or it's a teporary thing from R*. I remember seeing temp stuff like this for SA. I doubt it'll be the final, because R* is usually a little more detailed than that on their covers, but you never know... (untill the 29th, that is... :clapping: )

Currys do create they're own boxes untill its released, so that could be a fake, plus theres no confirmation that Six Axis is enabled for GTA IV. So this in my opinion is not the real thing but a good dam find.

But I will go to some game shops to see if there is a 360 version like Currys or Game

The use of SIXAXIS has been confirmed by one of the random R* guys. I can't remember which one, but whoever it was said something like, "The sixaxis function will be used in a way that makes sense."

This is not the official back cover because it says network up to 16 people, but rockstar said the ps3 will only have 2 player split screen, no online play.

The hell? Stop spreading misinformation please, there are very few differences between the versions. The only MAJOR difference in the core game is the absence of achievements on the PS3 version.

The hell? Stop spreading misinformation please, there are very few differences between the versions. The only MAJOR difference in the core game is the absence of achievements on the PS3 version.

The achievements are going to be through PlayStation Home.

The achievements are going to be through PlayStation Home.

maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by achievements?

yep, these cases are popping up at lots of game shops in the uk, i went into CHIPS today and saw a similar but different cover:

post-17978-1208287438_thumb.jpg

post-17978-1208287473_thumb.jpg

on another note, if you look at page 14 of CHIPS latest magazine, the caption for the screenshot at the bottom of the page is 'Watch out for the copper choppers!' but the 2 helicopters are obviousley 2 different ones, one most likely a news helicopter covering the chase and the other an army/police helicopter! Even I spotted that one! :bashhead:

Edited by NORMANKOOL