Do Your Parents Care?

I am importing GTA IV since i live in Australia and i'm getting the 18+ version from UK, and my Parents dont mind that i'm getting an 18+ game when i'm only 14, and i'v borught all the other GTA's and they even know about the Hot Coffee mod, and they still didnt mind.

And i'm sure there's plenty of kid under aged such as myself who are getting the game, so my question is, do your parents mind???

AlsoI was talking to my friend the other day and he said he's happy that it's rated MA15+ in Australia because if it was anyhting higher his parents wouldnt buy it for him.

I am importing GTA IV since i live in Australia and i'm getting the 18+ version from UK, and my Parents dont mind that i'm getting an 18+ game when i'm only 14, and i'v borught all the other GTA's and they even know about the Hot Coffee mod, and they still didnt mind.

And i'm sure there's plenty of kid under aged such as myself who are getting the game, so my question is, do your parents mind???

AlsoI was talking to my friend the other day and he said he's happy that it's rated MA15+ in Australia because if it was anyhting higher his parents wouldnt buy it for him.

Well, even if my parents opposed I would still play GTA. I'm 15 this year, and it's clear that GTA made me mature. My love and passion for this series of games isn't going to die off just because my Mom or Dad has been influenced by Jack Thompson innies. Nope.

Why would you care about what your parents think? Millions of people who play and love the game to death can't be wrong. It's just rather lucky of you to have convinced your parents that Grand Theft Auto is a great video game.

Besides, GTA transcends gaming. No GTA, no Halo. No WoW. No more nice games like Far Cry, BioShock or Crysis. To hell with those who says GTA is sh*tty. Just because the first mission of San Andreas is too "hard" for them to complete, they trash the games. I feel sad for these kids.

Not really. My mum bought my brother Call of Duty 3 and this happened:

Salesperson: Is this for your son?

My mum: Yeah

Salesperson: Nooooo (Points at rating) This is for 15 and over!!

My mum: It's for my other son..(me)

Salesperson: Ok

Comes home and my brother plays it instead.

I got my PS2 when I was 13, and the first game I got was GTAIII. I'm 17 now (nearly 18) but I've never had any trouble with high rated things. Movies, games, cd's... whatever. They know how much I love GTA, so they never ask questions. They know what's in it content wise, and they don't particularly like them, but they also know it makes me happy, and that I'm not dumb enough to try anything like that in real life, so they don't mind. I already told them about the censoring of GTA IV, and they said it was bullshit. I suppose thats our government trying to wrap it's people in cotton wool again... I ask them; "Have you ever heard of the term, 'FREE COUNTRY'?"

Not really. My mum bought my brother Call of Duty 3 and this happened:

Salesperson: Is this for your son?

My mum: Yeah

Salesperson: Nooooo (Points at rating) This is for 15 and over!!

My mum: It's for my other son..(me)

Salesperson: Ok

Comes home and my brother plays it instead.

That's crap. A salesperson can't stop a kid buying a game like that if their parent is there to give permission... look:

523px-OFLC_large_MA15+.svg.png

People under 15 are not permitted to purchase or rent films or video games classified MA15+ unless they are accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

Edited by Rowie235

My parents don't care at all, as they know Im smart enough to realize its not right to run up and stab somebody or just run up to someones car and jack it. I've been playing GTA since i was like 9 years old, and half the shit that was said in the game i didnt even understand, so it didnt really have an affect on me. Even before i was 9 id watch my brother play all the time. My parents hardly even glance at the covers, let alone the ratings on them.

And if one of the salesperson gave my mom a hard time, I have a good feeling the salesperson would wish he/she hadn't given her a hard time :P

My parents don't care at all, as they know Im smart enough to realize its not right to run up and stab somebody or just run up to someones car and jack it. I've been playing GTA since i was like 9 years old, and half the shit that was said in the game i didnt even understand, so it didnt really have an affect on me. Even before i was 9 id watch my brother play all the time. My parents hardly even glance at the covers, let alone the ratings on them.

And if one of the salesperson gave my mom a hard time, I have a good feeling the salesperson would wish he/she hadn't given her a hard time :P

"And How!" :thumbsup:

in my country, not just my parents that don't care about violence

we have 95% piracy in here for God sake! i never wonder why is it all violence and sex out there. no one cares about violence and sex scenes watched by kids.

seriously, my country is like have the most pirated cd's, games, comics, dvd's, vcd's, and other illegal crap.

don't blame me though, it's the condition man. we still have to consume pirated stuff, because of the economy. on the plus side it's never censored and come cheap

my parents can't even complain. there are too many stuff like that in the whole city.

fact: one pirated dvd is costing about Rp. 10000,- more or less(about a dollar!!)

Edited by ArtSweet

No my parents don't care at all as long has I get good grades. Heck I even went to the store my dad gave me the money and I bought Manhunt. The cashier didn't say anything. Yes im underage. Still I love GTA and have been playing that and MaxPayne since I was like 7. We all have a passion for GTA. :R*: