A revelation...

Rowie235

While reading the topic about whether your parents cared about buying GTA games for you while you were underaged, and because of all the crap about the AUS version of GTA IV being edited, I decided to do some research around the good old world wide web.

It turns out that the Australian government is/will be debating whether the proposed R18+ rating for video games should be implimented or not. If the rating is implimented, it will mean that no more games will to need be screwed with before they can enter our sweaty little Australian hands.

What I want to know is, IF the government decides to go with this new proposal, will R* replace the edited AUS version with complete, unedited copies?

What do you folks think? What are your thoughts on the current ratings system in Aus? And finally, do you think it's as ridiculous as I do that Aussie gamers even 30 or 40 years-old aren't allowed to play games that are over MA15+?

While reading the topic about whether your parents cared about buying GTA games for you while you were underaged, and because of all the crap about the AUS version of GTA IV being edited, I decided to do some research around the good old world wide web.

It turns out that the Australian government is/will be debating whether the proposed R18+ rating for video games should be implimented or not. If the rating is implimented, it will mean that no more games will to need be screwed with before they can enter our sweaty little Australian hands.

What I want to know is, IF the government decides to go with this new proposal, will R* replace the edited AUS version with complete, unedited copies?

What do you folks think? What are your thoughts on the current ratings system in Aus? And finally, do you think it's as ridiculous as I do that Aussie gamers even 30 or 40 years-old aren't allowed to play games that are over MA15+?

Two words, IM-PORT!!!!! LOL

Edited by jeremyjeremy00

yeah thats what i did, i ordered mine from amazon :D

but i still dont know if 'ill be getting the ntsc or pal version :thumbsdown:

[offtopic]

if anyone has ordered a game from amazon, can you please tell me if they send the right version for the country.

[offtopic/]

yeah thats what i did, i ordered mine from amazon :D

but i still dont know if 'ill be getting the ntsc or pal version :thumbsdown:

[offtopic]

if anyone has ordered a game from amazon, can you please tell me if they send the right version for the country.

[offtopic/]

LOL. Which amazon site did you order it from? It would have been wise to (if you didn't already know) check which countries use PAL. UK does, so I hope for your sake you ordered from either Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de or Amazon.fr.

If you went to Amazon.com then you, sir, have just been self-pwned. Cancel your preorder and do it at the UK site.

Back on topic, if they do have that rating in Australia then I'd imagine Rockstar will re-release it, if it's soon.

Dude, i dont know whether someone has mentioned this but, ill say it! Even if the AUS do edit it, just ORder a US or UK version for the PS3. There is no regional limitation to the PS3 or the games, so no US, UK, AUS copies have to been made. One region is made and distrubuted to the entire world!

OF course this would be a problem is ur getting it on Xbox 360,

so if the Government go along wit there bastardise plan, u always have other options!

I got mine from Game.co.uk , as soon as i saw 18+ i pre ordered it, and it's all regions so thats awesome!

And i'v asked some older people and some kids my ages and some of them dont really mind, which is a bit odd, although i tryed convincing them to import it.

And one of my freinds (he's been known to lie alot) said that there only cutting out one mission and in that mission you go into a strip club and kill someone, and one heard anyhting like that???