Fuel in cars?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but since Rockstar are aiming for a very realistic game, im wondering if they will make a feature that you have to fuel you car at fuel stations. Will you have to get out and push your car or jack another one if you run out? i really dont know but i think it would be cool but at the same time very enoying.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but since Rockstar are aiming for a very realistic game, im wondering if they will make a feature that you have to fuel you car at fuel stations. Will you have to get out and push your car or jack another one if you run out? i really dont know but i think it would be cool but at the same time very enoying.

I agree. It'd be cool, but it would definately get damn annoying.

** 6 star high speed chase and suddenly the engine cuts out...? I dunno.... **

I like the idea, but as mentioned before it can get really annoying sometimes. When your in a car chase you can't just stop at a gas station just to get fuel with the police chasing you... But I like the idea that it will be realistic.

It would be something new and original... Not many games have that feature.

True, I'd feel kinda responsible and buy my car and then drive around with that car only and fuel it and stuff. Sucks that you cannot pimp it up...

Yeah it sucks that you can't pimp your car as in San Andreas, that was a real great feature. I like the idea of fuels in car, but do you guys think it will ruin the GTA feeling?

Edited by mutu

True, I'd feel kinda responsible and buy my car and then drive around with that car only and fuel it and stuff. Sucks that you cannot pimp it up...

Yeah it sucks that you can't pimp your car as in San Andreas, that was a real great feature. I like the idea of fuels in car, but do you guys think it will ruin the GTA feeling?

I actually think not because it would be something new just like tuning in SA and it didnt ruin the feelin, it just made it better.

I actually think not because it would be something new just like tuning in SA and it didnt ruin the feelin, it just made it better.

Yeah but pimp your car didn't actually have very much of an effect you know, not as much as a fuel can would have.

Yeah but pimp your car didn't actually have very much of an effect you know, not as much as a fuel can would have.

Ye, i know what you mean. Like when during a chase on the highway your SUV just runs out of fuel and you get busted... But theres always Taxis!

I don't think that's the best option to do if your car ran out of fuel and the police runs after you with guns.

Ye, i know what you mean. Like when during a chase on the highway your SUV just runs out of fuel and you get busted... But theres always Taxis!

I don't think that's the best option to do if your car ran out of fuel and the police runs after you with guns.

I always use a cab no matter in which situation!

In regards to being able to shut off the engine, i recall some magazine or other preview saying you press Y or Triangle once to get in the car and Y or Triangle again to start the engine, so maybe fuel is included but im not sure, IMO it would be somewhat annoying,but im sure there would be a lot of gas stations around, and criminals running out of gas is often what brings chases to an end; bringing more realism. also, i think R* could joke around with the gas prices.

I think it would be fun, I too have the Fuel mod for Vice city and i like it..

Honestly tho it would be just like real life.. kinda.. before a mission make sure your fill up your car.. I mean cmon lets just pretend we are in this situation:

Get up, get dress, get in your car planing to drive to Ebgames to pick up your copy of GTA 4. You look at your gas tank an its on empty, and you know that ebgames is 20 miles away, and you cant make it on empty. Are you gonna tempt to make it there on empty or would you fill your tank up. ;)

Lol

I personally think it should be an option to either turn it on or turn it off to please everyone..

or ill just buy the PC version to, and wait for a fuel mod :)

but thats my 2 cents..

There are really some good and bad features with this. Run of fuel in a chase, in a mission or something like that would ruin the GTA feeling but bring the game to a whole new level when it comes to realism. But the option to turn it on and off would be good, but I doubt Rockstar would add that ability, and I doubt they will add the fuel feature aswell. All we can do is to wait and see.