what country do you think Niko is from

Nik B21

I think that R* have deliberately avoided giving Niko a specific nationality in order to side-step any issuess over racism or misrepresentaion of a specific group of immigrants. I know he has to come from somewhere, but I think this way R* have saved themselves a lot of time & effort fighting pointless lawsuits. I can't think of many governments who would be happy to see a game depicting one of their expatriots as a one man crimewave terrorising NY.

I think that R* have deliberately avoided giving Niko a specific nationality in order to side-step any issuess over racism or misrepresentaion of a specific group of immigrants. I know he has to come from somewhere, but I think this way R* have saved themselves a lot of time & effort fighting pointless lawsuits. I can't think of many governments who would be happy to see a game depicting one of their expatriots as a one man crimewave terrorising NY.

I love you. That is more or less word for word what i would say. But yeah, as above.

They say Niko is from eastern Europe. Maybe Ukraine or Bosina. In the the third trailer he says something like "Zdravo, baratseru''. That I think means hello cousin in Ukraine or Russian. Just a guess.

100% not Ukrainien. Also not russian and im 100% sure. I'd go with Bosnian or Serbian but i doubt that we will actually ever find out and like Swifty said, i think thats meant to be so that we dont.

Actually, he's from Russia. If you look at the GTA IV "move up ladies" trailer

at 00:57-0:59 you can actually hear a guy yelling at Roman "Where's your Russian friend now, huh!"

The link to the 3rd trailer is here

It's also on the Roman Bellic trailer from 00:22-00:24 if you want to get a clearer sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzI9VyIjpDI

Edited by Victor_Vance

Actually, he's from Russia. If you look at the GTA IV "move up ladies" trailer

at 00:57-0:59 you can actually hear a guy yelling at Roman "Where's your Russian friend now, huh!"

The link to the 3rd trailer is here

It's also on the Roman Bellic trailer from 00:22-00:24 if you want to get a clearer sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzI9VyIjpDI

That is a stereotype from the actor's point of view. It is intended to be racially stereotypical. It is more or less confirmed he is 100% not Russian. Also, 'Russian friend' could be an actual Russian, you just assume it is niko.