New Zealand version of GTA IV also cut

It was recently revealed that GTA IV will be censored for it's Australian release in order to comply with the OFLC rating system. As a result many Australian consumers placed pre-orders with New Zealand retailers, hoping to get an un-censored version of the game.

However this morning Gameplanet.co.nz sent out the following email confirming that the New Zealand release will also be edited;

Hi xxxx,

We have been informed today that New Zealand will be receiving the same version of Grand Theft Auto IV as Australia.

As you have placed your order after Rockstar announced that the Australian version was edited, we are assuming that you will no longer require the game to be shipped from us, as we can't supply you with an uncut version.

The last thing we want to do is supply you with a product that does not meet your needs and we've therefore taken the liberty of removing your GTA4 order from our web site.

We certainly hope we can be more helpful to you in the future!

Kind Regards,

xxxx

Customer Service

Gameplanet Store

Australians will now have to import from Europe if they want to obtain an uncensored PAL version of GTA IV. Rockstar is yet to comment on what has been removed from the local PAL release, leaving many gamers quite frustrated.

Source: Australia's PAL Gaming Network

hahahahahaha, I live in the UK so no problems for me.

maybe you can order from here but I imagine it will take a while longer to arrive!!

Im from the UK, well Wales lol, I was just posting some news.

Coolio, I is also from Wales.

I wonder what it id they have cut from the game?

It cant be that important otherwise they would of made more of a fuss about censoring it!!

It was recently revealed that GTA IV will be censored for it's Australian release in order to comply with the OFLC rating system. As a result many Australian consumers placed pre-orders with New Zealand retailers, hoping to get an un-censored version of the game.

However this morning Gameplanet.co.nz sent out the following email confirming that the New Zealand release will also be edited;

Hi xxxx,

We have been informed today that New Zealand will be receiving the same version of Grand Theft Auto IV as Australia.

As you have placed your order after Rockstar announced that the Australian version was edited, we are assuming that you will no longer require the game to be shipped from us, as we can't supply you with an uncut version.

The last thing we want to do is supply you with a product that does not meet your needs and we've therefore taken the liberty of removing your GTA4 order from our web site.

We certainly hope we can be more helpful to you in the future!

Kind Regards,

xxxx

Customer Service

Gameplanet Store

Australians will now have to import from Europe if they want to obtain an uncensored PAL version of GTA IV. Rockstar is yet to comment on what has been removed from the local PAL release, leaving many gamers quite frustrated.

Source: Australia's PAL Gaming Network

That's pritty dam stupid but it kind of nice of the website to be that helpful.Anyway i think i am safe as i live in the UK.... :thumbsup:

I think they must cut the profanity out of the game and maybe cut out some dirty scenes. Importing from the UK or anywhere in Europe would be the easier option just that most shops now I have heard aren't taking pre-orders anymore.

I live in the Netherlands. The only thing I want to say is that there's no problem with buying games in Holland. I can buy every game I want.

Example: Manhunt is Adult Only rated, and I bought it without any problems! :innocent: