what city/time period should gta4 be?

matt32

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Opened*

I think we should allow this, since a lot of people have different ideas of when it should be set, and its more of an idea than a wish.

Anyway I'd like it to be set in modern day times, when the games comes out that is, the year 2007 probably. I just don't think I'd like it if it were say... back in the 70's or something. Vigilante 8 did that era.

Maybe a not so distant future, between 2010 and 2020, so you can have new fan fiction things from the future and at the same time not so modern so you can identify with them.

About the city, well, I think the whole Illinois and Michigan states, the Chicago mafia is a good idea for a GTA game IMO.

But the SA, VC, and LC ideas sound like a grea idea too if they make them in the present.

I'd like it if it was based on present time. That is, whenever the game comes out. 2006-07. Basing it anytime before the 90's would affect too many of the things that make GTA great. For example fast cars and powerful guns. Back in the 80's the cars weren't as fast as they are today. Same with the guns. They weren't as powerful.

I'd like it if it was based on present time. That is, whenever the game comes out. 2006-07. Basing it anytime before the 90's would affect too many of the things that make GTA great. For example fast cars and powerful guns. Back in the 80's the cars weren't as fast as they are today. Same with the guns. They weren't as powerful.

Are you shitting me? Cars haven't advanced THAT much in ten years.

Besides, VC WAS the 80's. I'm guessing those cars and guns sucked? :rolleyes:

The cars in vice city are slower than those in gta3 and san andreas we already had 80,s the 90,s then present time so next time should be the future .

Haha, that's funny. AND untrue. The Cheetah has been around the same speed in all three of the PS2 GTAs. The difference in speeds is because of the game, not the era the game took place in.

• 2 weeks later...

I say bring the game back to Liberty City. And in the modern day, of course. Philadelphia would also be nice, but I'm biased since that's where I'm from.

I just preferred LC over San Andreas and Vice City. I don't know what it is, but it has just had that gritty, violent theme to it. Not to mention it wasn't as upscale and glamorous as the other two cities.

Edited by M-16