what city/time period should gta4 be?

matt32

I am aware of that, notice i listed Sydney in the cities list, but maybe Canberra or Perth would qualify. I just cant see how three cities on the waterfront, followed by mass open plains, would make a brilliant GTA game. Plains are good, a lot of variety and stunt opportunities, but AUS is a bit top-heavy on that front. And the sheep was only a joke...

Then you should've said kangaroos. Everyone knows people from Aussie have pet kangaroos, that's why atleast one time in my life I'm living there. ^_^

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GTA4 should be set now, and in the USA...maybe make the whole country, lol, that'd be impossible i think, i dont think PS3 could handle that, maybe a smaller country, like austrailia, or the UK...but i'd rather have USA.

Edited by Joe8629

Thats Rollercoaster Tycoon, mate. This is Grand Theft Auto - originating around cars and crime. What do you want to do? Steal candy from a baby? Too easy.

Hills? Nah

Villages? Nah

Sea? Nah

Space? Nah

Leave all that to International Rescue, but we want a city or three. More would be nice, but i would like to know my way round the entire game. Maybe GTA4 will be like real life, and if you have enough cash you CAN go to Ohio.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like maybe just about 5 cities, but they will be MUCH bigger this time. Maybe each around 3-4 times of Los Santos? I don't know. All I want is larger cities... And same to deserts and countrysides or whatever landscapes if they were to have any. They're sortta small.

I also think USA will be a viable country to set it.

And if any of you guys are underestimating the power of the PS3, it is said to be over 36x the power of PS2. I think.

Thats Rollercoaster Tycoon, mate. This is Grand Theft Auto - originating around cars and crime. What do you want to do? Steal candy from a baby? Too easy.

Hills? Nah

Villages? Nah

Sea? Nah

Space? Nah

Leave all that to International Rescue, but we want a city or three. More would be nice, but i would like to know my way round the entire game. Maybe GTA4 will be like real life, and if you have enough cash you CAN go to Ohio.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I DID use to play RCT2, and last time I checked you couldn't rampage on it. :rolleyes:

Hell, I'd love to walk into a theme park, and just kill every living thing. Then derail a rollercoaster, maybe loosen a few bolts on other rides and watch the mayhem.

You don't want hills? WTF!? That's what sucked ass about VC's landscape. Not a single hill. It was completely flat. Boring to drive.

I wasn't saying i didn't want terrain, i just didn't want a mountain range slap bang in the middle of my gaming area.

However, I've changed my mind about that - i think of RTCW (Wolfenstein) when i think of mountains and gameplay. Just think how much stuff could go on on a mountain. Underground cavers, diamond/goldmines, WMDs, hidden caves, inuits dwellings, plenty of space for critturs, and you could even sledge down them if it snowed (or push ppl off the cliffs).

Yea, would be fun - just not a mountain-oriented game.

lol i like to do plane driving so i hope for some challenging planes to master and maybe some plane migames over a large wide range

i hope they set it in 3 different countries that you can fly to...like in real life..

For time period, howsabout a logical progression through time. The game starts off in the stone age, then progresses through the civilisations, epochs, dynasties and reigns until up to or past the present day. Some silly games like age of empires do that. I dunno whether it would be good for GTA, but i think a chariot race around the circus maximus would be as fun as a medieval joust.

• 2 weeks later...
For time period, howsabout a logical progression through time. The game starts off in the stone age, then progresses through the civilisations, epochs, dynasties and reigns until up to or past the present day. Some silly games like age of empires do that. I dunno whether it would be good for GTA, but i think a chariot race around the circus maximus would be as fun as a medieval joust.

No. Not GTA. Definetly NOT GTA. :nope:

I think R* have three choices continue with the same style and do one between 1980-2000, or do one in a similar fashion to GTA london, in the mid 20th century and lastly do one in the near future which could be interesting as there may be opertunities to get james bond stle weapons.

No. Not GTA. Definetly NOT GTA. :nope:

Seconded. I wouldn't like a combination of Age of Empires and GTA. Hell no.

:nope:

• 3 weeks later...

I have great ideas for a gta game based in seattle but regardless of where they have it, I think they should make one more present day so that we have at least one game that is set after GTA3. And i also think they should make one based in the 70's just because well.....why not? They havent yet. Plus i was thinking about return characters and how it would be cool to like see a younger version of the Truth in a 70's based game. Plus it could be at the time in the 70's when Tommy Vercetti first got arrested and sent to jail for 15 years. They could like talk about it on the news on the radio and stuff.

VC early 80's, SA early 90's, GTA 3 late 90's. So they can either make the game befaore vice city e.g. 70's which could be crap because there would be know mobile phone, Late 80's or early 2000's. Out of these options I think it would be best to have a modern day one although im sure R* would make a good game in either time period.

The 20s would blow. Not a lot of cars were around back then, and the ones that were around werent fast. So the tiltle of the game would have to change to Grand Theft Horse Buggy or something like that. I think the next GTA should take place in some hick ass city in present day in Mississippii.