what city/time period should gta4 be?

matt32

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VC early 80's, SA early 90's, GTA 3 late 90's. So they can either make the game befaore vice city e.g. 70's which could be crap because there would be know mobile phone, Late 80's or early 2000's. Out of these options I think it would be best to have a modern day one although im sure R* would make a good game in either  time period.

I will clear this up ONE LAST TIME. GTA III took place in 2001. Not the 90's. IN TWO-THOUSAND ONE! It was modern and set in the time it was released.

i want to play gta sex city or gta japan

yes... wierdo :bashhead: Sex city would be banned and Japan would suck

Watch your mouth, GTA in Japan would be cool.

• 1 month later...

I think there is cool stuff about each decade going way back that could go in a game. maybe i'm crazy but i even a game set in like the 30's would be cool. There was big mob action back then.. and you could drive around in like old model T's and stuff. And you could see like fathers of grandfathers of like salvatore or sonny forelli or something. Very unlikely that they would make a game based in that time period but i would definately buy it if it existed.

• 4 weeks later...

Heyguys i m new here. well I think the game should settle in INDIA or in U.A.E because these two countries are in target of OSAMA BILADIN. We will work for them terrorising the countries. the time should be 2001 after 11 september. At the starting of the game the movie sould be that how we planned for destroying the 2 towers and then how we escaped from NYC. Then we will be in one of these countries.and the story should be that how will we terrorrise the countries then we w,ll go tolondon in 2005 terrorising the 5 bus bobing plan. then the story ends becuse it comes at presnt time.

Seriously, stuff like that just isn't worth the few bytes its taking up. From heronin, anybody showing viewpoints sympathising with terrorists, or promoting terrorism will just be banned, no questions asked. I'm going to censor that post now.

I'm sure you remember this is how the whole MGILB spam shit started. You know, the event that got both of us promoted((that was you, right?))?

Thats a point, but the sooner the rules are enforced, and the barriers put up, the less likely we are to suddenly stop someone in their tracks and annoy them. Changing the rules is something n00bs don't like, they take it personally and think we're ganging up on them, and they retaliate like selfish children. We set the rules now, and then they can see that they're there for a reason, and there's nothing personal about that.

And yes i remember mgilb - he wasn't too bad a dude, he just wanted to be remembered i think. He took what we did personally, which shouldn't have happened, but did. We set the rules to keep the peace here, and he thought we did it just to stop him. Banning him (with good reason or not) was what sparked off his spamming spree. He didn't understand that we're here to talk about GTA games, and he was stopping that so we took action to prevent him disrupting things. In future, we have these rules set in stone, and people can see them, and they're there for a reason.

Please can all new people who read this realise that these rules are there to keep everybody happy, if you want to ruin the forum, then you can be expected to not be allowed to visit it. Thats simple enough to understand. There is nothing at all personal in what we do, it is just so that everybody else can continue talking about GTA, and having a bit of fun with the rest of the community here.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see a remake of VC, maybe in the later 90s or about year 2007 (the year of GTA4 release) but no matter what, I'm sure that R* will make a good choice :thumbsup:

I hope it's not a remake of VC. I didnt like VC as much as gta3 and SA because it took place in the 80s.

I think the game should be called grand theft auto divided states. it could be a knockover of the united states because divided is the opposite of united. instead of it being a city or a state it'd be a country, but you should be able to visit liberty city vice city and san andreas could be one of the states in the country. and for once they should make it take place in present day so we can hear music we've actually heard before (none of that 80's crap)

• 1 month later...

i was thinking 1870's in Australia with a Ned Kelly type character as the main character and you get to steal horse carriage, be a beer baron and have bush ranger gangs, shot guns and muskets....cannons... :gappy: only joking... that would be a shit game.....but i dont think it should be set in the future.... i would prefer it if the game was current to the year in which it comes out.... maybe somewhere on the border of mexico so you can cross it when you get in shit with the cops

I believe that the next GTA should take place in present day Cincinnati. Yes my home town. Its cool. Black people riot all the time. You could be a white guy, but the only problem would be that you dont want to be downtown at "Over The Rhine" if youre white or youll get killed. It would be an even better ghetto scene that SA, and you could drive to my house to kick my ass ;).