XBOX 360 or PS3 (need help deciding)

Cross

ok so im planning on buying one of these (xbox 360 or PS3) soon and i wass needing some advice on which is better.

heres my "stats" (didnt find the right word for this)-

i have about 300 $ plus im getting 40.5 $ each month from this thing i do (its not the exact amounts cause hee we use NIS and currently one dollar is worth about 3.7 NIS)

graphics - i dont care but if theyre botch the same on everything exept graphics id take the one with the better

preformance- i dont care but i want everything running smoooth

price of games- the cheaper the better of course

durabilty- (didnt find the right word)- i want it working properly without breaking for as long as possible

price- <--350$ (means lower than 350$)

if anyone has something else to add than OK.

P.S.- i almost forgot, since im ordering it to israel (cus buying one here costs minimum 1000$) than can anyone tell me of a good site exept amazon and E-bay which i can order from and which the shiping there is low of free.

thanks

If you buy the Elite version don't worry about the red ring of death, I have both consoles so maybe I can help you.

The graphics,well....they pretty much depend on the game not so much of the console, the XBOX LIVE is way better than the PSN but it has a downside, it's paid. I personally prefer the XBOX games but there are others in for the PS3 that are great, example: MGS4. I have an important question, do you own a PS2 or a XBOX? Or maybe none of them.

SUPPOSEDLY X360s made after Sept. '07 were re-engineered to eliminate the RROD, & MS announced the

3-year extended warranty on all X360s (as long as the case wasn't opened).

Advantage PS3 - N-vidia 72 graphics & Blu-Ray. Earlier models are backwards compatible to PS2 games.

Advantage X360 - Massive DLC for GTA4.

Both have exclusive games.

Currently I have the X360 Elite, plan on getting the PS3 later this year.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

thanks everyone that helped me out here.

i guess ill probobaly go for the 360 Elite beacuse its cheaper and cause of the XBOX live and the downlodable content.

for the guy thats asked i dont have a PS2 or an XBOX

and by the way whats a "blu-ray"?

In my oppinion PS3 would be better. You get advantages of PS3, PS2 and PS1 games (Which are good if you like old games like me!)

Also I believe the PS3 is cheaper... And has more disk space or something. Xbox 360 is good but their 'Exclusive' to Xbox games are always availible on the PC.

Oops... You've already decided...

And WTF is a ring of death?

Edited by Deji

SUPPOSEDLY X360s made after Sept. '07 were re-engineered to eliminate the RROD, & MS announced the

3-year extended warranty on all X360s (as long as the case wasn't opened).

Advantage PS3 - N-vidia 72 graphics & Blu-Ray. Earlier models are backwards compatible to PS2 games.

Advantage X360 - Massive DLC for GTA4.

Both have exclusive games.

Currently I have the X360 Elite, plan on getting the PS3 later this year.

I agree with everything Urban said except for the bolded part. I opened my first 360 and the dumb bastards at Microsoft still replaced it for free! :lol:

ok so mabye ill buy the PS3 after all.

i mean the ring of death just isnt worth it.

i barely get any money here so i wont take any chances.

and by the way can anyone tell me the prices of the PS3 and an XBOX 360

Edited by Cross

You do know that Microsoft WILL replace a RROD'd 360 for FREE, right? As for the price differences, I'm guessing the 360 is slightly cheaper than the PS3, but I'm not too sure.

I suggest looking for a list of exclusive games for both systems and start comparing. You'll figure out what you want.

You do know that Microsoft WILL replace a RROD'd 360 for FREE, right? As for the price differences, I'm guessing the 360 is slightly cheaper than the PS3, but I'm not too sure.

I suggest looking for a list of exclusive games for both systems and start comparing. You'll figure out what you want.

ok so mabye they will replace but the shipping will cost me more than 100$ bucks.

and to the guy that asked i have a crappy TV so i wont get the best graphics or preformance avalible.

I've got a PS3 and I find online gameplay more interesting.

I think it depends what you're planning on doing with it....

If you just want a fun machine to play campaigns or split screens get a 360.

If you want to have a laugh with freinds on 8 player and online get a PS3.

I have both so I'm good lol!

Guys, let me explain something. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just going to go by pure facts.

The 360 is going to cream the PS3 in the GTA IV scene. I'm not saying the 360 owns the PS3, I'm saying for GTA IV it does. Here's some things you might want to know:

Microsoft will not be releasing any downloadable content for the PlayStation 3, not after Microsoft's deal.

The 360's controller rumbles. They couldn't include it in IV because it would interfere with motion sensing.

Live, believe it or not, is a much better service than PSN, thing is is that PSN is free. Xbox Live is $50 a year.

The 360 is receiving at least two downloadable content packs. They will be a huge add on Rockstar says, each of them.

Now, the only thing that I've seen that's good about the PS3 version is that it has slightly sharper graphics. The shadows are also nicer and little details like that are noticed though. I wouldn't judge it by that though.

Those are all FACTS, besides my opinion on Xbox Live. I stand by my opinion on that, I know Chris has the same, it's up to you though.

can you play ps2 and ps1 games on a ps3? and can you play xbox games on a 360? because i dont have any gaming console at the moment. but i wont buy the ps3 if i cant play any ps2 GTA games on it.

PS2 Games work on my PS3. Havent tried PS1 games yet.

Guys, let me explain something. I'm not a fanboy, I'm just going to go by pure facts.

The 360 is going to cream the PS3 in the GTA IV scene. I'm not saying the 360 owns the PS3, I'm saying for GTA IV it does. Here's some things you might want to know:

Microsoft will not be releasing any downloadable content for the PlayStation 3, not after Microsoft's deal.

The 360's controller rumbles. They couldn't include it in IV because it would interfere with motion sensing.

Live, believe it or not, is a much better service than PSN, thing is is that PSN is free. Xbox Live is $50 a year.

The 360 is receiving at least two downloadable content packs. They will be a huge add on Rockstar says, each of them.

Now, the only thing that I've seen that's good about the PS3 version is that it has slightly sharper graphics. The shadows are also nicer and little details like that are noticed though. I wouldn't judge it by that though.

Those are all FACTS, besides my opinion on Xbox Live. I stand by my opinion on that, I know Chris has the same, it's up to you though.

Are you trying to say that the DualShock3 won't be compatible with GTA4? Because I'm sure I've read a few articles saying it is compatible... I hope it is, I could care less about the awful Sixaxis controls.