Microsoft looking into Early GTA IV players

gtaleaderb.jpg

A peek at Gamercard aggregator MyGamerCard.com reveals a long list of Xbox 360 users already racking up achievements on Grand Theft Auto IV since an illegal torrent of the game was leaked yesterday and early copies started showing up in people's homes.

Neither Rockstar nor Microsoft itself have yet responded to Kotaku's requests for comment. Neither has Sony commented on any action it might take regarding video of the game being played on its network — video that GameTrailers, for its part, has since pulled — so it's unclear yet how any of them plan to address the software pirates.

Xbox Live's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, did say, however, that he was unable to comment yet due to the "need to look into this further," so we can assume that Microsoft, at least, is investigating.

Source kataku

This is just fucking disgraceful, all the people who downloaded the torrent should be ashamed of themselves, I didn't think it was going to be pirated only a few days before release. I thought people would have the decency to wait for the PC version, then crack it. The people who did download it, their name should not appear on Rockstar Games' Social Club leaderboard.

This is just fucking disgraceful, all the people who downloaded the torrent should be ashamed of themselves, I didn't think it was going to be pirated only a few days before release. I thought people would have the decency to wait for the PC version, then crack it. The people who did download it, their name should not appear on Rockstar Games' Social Club leaderboard.

Which makes it ok?

no.

Castration would be a suitable punishment...Along with an hour in a room with Michael Jackson and a wide range of sex toys.

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:

Ok then, Ill be sure not to piss you off :)

And damn them for playing before we all get a chance, but i suppose we shouldve known this would happen.

Fuck, downloading the pirated copy now would be kinda pointless, as it would take five goddamn days until all 7GB was downloaded and burned to a DVD9. And yeah, some of those gamertags just got their LEGAL copies early.

Besides, I bet most of you guys would've downloaded the pirated version if you hadn't already preordered it.

Edited by L-RiC

Ye, but apparently achievements don't go active untill the 29th so people who have played early, don't get any points added to their gamercard, which means on the 29th and they are half way through they would have to start again because no points were added :D. And they learnt that from Halo 3.

I read it on 360 forum

http://forums.xbox.com/19199445/ShowPost.aspx

Hasn't San Andreas been leaked before? So this would of been expected since this game's already famous, right? GTA IV's gone through the same thing which happened to San Andreas (I believe). All major games which have grown to be like GTA IV will go through this.

Well, for me, I'm just gonna wait and see it for myself, or I'll go to my friends house and play it with him. But people who want it now must be a crazy GTA Fan.