Tibet

Slyde

It's a popular and controversial topic but i got an argument to make.

For those who don't know, Tibet wants a quarter of China and become independent or they would not resolve the issue about the human rights legislation.

People are saying, "Leave Tibet alone!" and all that but really, it is not right. China hasn't actually done anything wrong unless you are talking about 50 years ago. For some reason, everyone in the world seems to hate China. There are so much misunderstanding. China does not treat their people badly. People think in their heads that there are always 20 guards walking around the street. No thats stupid, people are civilized now. I've been there and i know. If you ever ask someone who lived in China most of their lives, they most likely would say it was fine. Just because they have a communist party doesn't mean they are bad. If China turned democrat, the whole economy would fall which then leads to the whole wide world failing because everyone is so dependent on China. Do you know how poor Tibet would be if China didn't support them?

I think Tibet wants to be separated because they want power. And anyway, like who's going to give 1/4 of their country away. In Tibet they practice slavery (not sure still now) but China went against that. It was one of the reasons China attacked religions 50 years ago. You can't blame it, WW2, the Asian holocaust everything was messy back in those days. But now nobody does that. People always think bad about China. There may be holes in the Government that needs to be fixed but no country is perfect.

An argument that needed to be made. Comment if you wish.

i'm neutral in that case...

i think regaining independence is fine for me, because if the Chinese government continued transferring Hans (the true ethnic Chinese) to non-Chinese areas, theres a possibility that Tibetan people would be assimilated to Chinese people and they will lose their ancestors' culture.

but on the other hand, China gained Tibet through war, so its right to incorporate Tibet into China because Tibet lost in a war and China emerged victorious.

It's a popular and controversial topic but i got an argument to make.

For those who don't know, Tibet wants a quarter of China and become independent or they would not resolve the issue about the human rights legislation.

People are saying, "Leave Tibet alone!" and all that but really, it is not right. China hasn't actually done anything wrong unless you are talking about 50 years ago. For some reason, everyone in the world seems to hate China. There are so much misunderstanding. China does not treat their people badly. People think in their heads that there are always 20 guards walking around the street. No thats stupid, people are civilized now. I've been there and i know. If you ever ask someone who lived in China most of their lives, they most likely would say it was fine. Just because they have a communist party doesn't mean they are bad. If China turned democrat, the whole economy would fall which then leads to the whole wide world failing because everyone is so dependent on China. Do you know how poor Tibet would be if China didn't support them?

I think Tibet wants to be separated because they want power. And anyway, like who's going to give 1/4 of their country away. In Tibet they practice slavery (not sure still now) but China went against that. It was one of the reasons China attacked religions 50 years ago. You can't blame it, WW2, the Asian holocaust everything was messy back in those days. But now nobody does that. People always think bad about China. There may be holes in the Government that needs to be fixed but no country is perfect.

An argument that needed to be made. Comment if you wish.

You bring up a good point.

Now, I'm Chinese but I wasn't born in China, I was raised in Australia so this Tibeten issue came to my attention just recently. Your point is very strong Slyde, if China became anythung but Communist all the cheap importing, labor and exporting would be practically gone because as you were saying, the entire world literally depends on China's importing/exporting business. Major companies go there so they pay workers less and then export if to the world so they have a good reason to continue Communism. But with Tibet, just let the Olympic games be and protest after.

Free Tibet! Only joking. Its all because of the 2008 Summer Olympics held in China and something is indeed wrong with China hosting the Olympics and Tibetans seemed to have picked up the story first. Liberty/Freedom is a rarity in China, that is why Tibetans are protesting because the laws are too strict. They won't make equal rights like in the UK, France, USA or whatever, it's the Dictators responsibility. I don't think we'll see a change in the Chinese Equal Rights.

i think regaining independence is fine for me, because if the Chinese government continued transferring Hans (the true ethnic Chinese) to non-Chinese areas, theres a possibility that Tibetan people would be assimilated to Chinese people and they will lose their ancestors' culture.

but on the other hand, China gained Tibet through war, so its right to incorporate Tibet into China because Tibet lost in a war and China emerged victorious.

That's a good point but not enough to go independent. But if you think about it, it is going to happen to the whole world sooner or later. The Chinese is always assimilating with the whole world. (Don't take it the wrong way)

To extend my point, Tibet should not be going around these places trying to ruin the Olympic Games. Olympics has never done any harm to you, don't ruin it for other people.

EDIT: Reply

Liberty/Freedom is a rarity in China, that is why Tibetans are protesting because the laws are too strict.

Not following you. I guess some strict laws are made, but nothing to go independent for. The Chinese never protest, then why would the Tibetans protest?-->Can you see some connection?

Edited by Slyde

That's a good point but not enough to go independent. But if you think about it, it is going to happen to the whole world sooner or later. The Chinese is always assimilating with the whole world. (Don't take it the wrong way)

To extend my point, Tibet should not be going around these places trying to ruin the Olympic Games. Olympics has never done any harm to you, don't ruin it for other people.

They're not intentionally ruining the games. They probably just figured that the Olympics was a great way to create some publicity because it's a huge problem now and excess tax payer money is going towards keeping them away from the torch. IMO it's pissing me off that thousands if not millions are going just to protect some stupid torch, but it's the tradition of the Olympics so yeah.

Edited by Rainbow Six

They're not intentionally ruining the games. They probably just figured that the Olympics was a great way to create some publicity because it's a huge problem now and excess tax payer money is going towards keeping them away from the torch. IMO it's pissing me off that thousands if not millions are going just to protect some stupid torch, but it's the tradition of the Olympics so yeah.

They certainly made many countries boycott the Olympics. Yeah its a bitch that so many people had to go protect the flag. Millions were spent to get all the guards.

Edited by Slyde

• 5 weeks later...

Well you have to admit that there life is pretty harsh and Tibet was attacked just because china needed the territory and they invented some crap and said that it is all ours. Well everyone hate China because they destroyed millions of jobs and i think the humans rights should do something

Well you have to admit that there life is pretty harsh and Tibet was attacked just because china needed the territory and they invented some crap and said that it is all ours. Well everyone hate China because they destroyed millions of jobs and i think the humans rights should do something

What? Tibet has been part of China for about 800 years. That's 4 times as old as Australia. And when did China start destroying jobs?

The Human Rights aren't an organization ;)

Anyway, I'd like to bring up a new point. Those who think that the Chinese Government are a bunch of guys who are trying to destroy the Tibetan Culture. Do you know that Tibetans don't pay any tax as apposed to everyone else. Oh and China is made up of 52 different multicultural groups like Tibet.

This topic clear shows how people know so little about China.

the human rights associations are more than one thats why it exists International Association of Official Human Rights Agencies

Do u think that by making all things in China doesnt destroy jobs in other countries they are like cheaters they have no ensurance there work is cheap how are we (Europe) gonna compete with that

Did u know who was the dictator that genocided more people it wasnt Hitler it wasnt Staline it was there idol Mao tse tung

Edited by JROCK

the human rights associations are more than one thats why it exists International Association of Official Human Rights Agencies

Do u think that by making all things in China doesnt destroy jobs in other countries they are like cheaters they have no ensurance there work is cheap how are we (Europe) gonna compete with that

Did u know who was the dictator that genocided more people it wasnt Hitler it wasnt Staline it was there idol Mao tse tung

Hmm let see, the people living in the poor regions of China strive everyday to try and make a living working on the jobs they can do. Ok fine, lets take their jobs away and let them die.

The fact that Mao Zedong killed more people does not mean anything (especially because he's been dead for a long time). Hitler killed the Jews because he simply wanted to, Mao Zedong killed the rich to give to the poor. He wasn't a perfect leader, but if it wasn't for him, China would be that poor uncivilized and small country that people would not care about. It was him that brought a giant leap that made it what it is today.

Research before you start to talk bad about something.

EDIT: I saw something everyone seemed to hate about communism.

The government does not control what you spend/do for living. If you want to live as a bum, nobody cares. People also think that heart surgeons makes as much as a janitor. This clear shows why Asians work so hard in school. Why would they even have any heart surgeons if that was true?

Edited by Slyde

First the politics of Mao were a disaster as in every communist country

and second China is more capitalist than communist

Ok now you are just stating your own opinion. By disaster do you mean how good the economy for China is right now? Good is probably what USA is going through then.

i believe that Mao have some good intentions for his countrymen compare to other dictators, he did all of these because he want to improve poor people's condition and he wants to give them more privileges and opportunities which they don't have previously during the capitalist leaders during early 20th century where the only class of people who can speak for themselves are the rich people unlike the poor people who can't complain about their condition. I'm not surprised if the capitalist Chinese government prior the WW2 was swiftly replaced by Mao's communist government, the capitalist government failed to defend China from Japanese attacks and people's condition became worse. Also, Mao understands how life is hard when you're poor person because he was born from a poor family.

Edited by Unnamed Noodle

i believe that Mao have some good intentions for his countrymen compare to other dictators, he did all of these because he want to improve poor people's condition and he wants to give them more privileges and opportunities which they don't have previously during the capitalist leaders during early 20th century where the only class of people who can speak for themselves are the rich people unlike the poor people who can't complain about their condition. I'm not surprised if the capitalist Chinese government prior the WW2 was swiftly replaced by Mao's communist government, the capitalist government failed to defend China from Japanese attacks and people's condition became worse. Also, Mao understands how life is hard when you're poor person because he was born from a poor family.

That doesn't mean he knew how to rule a country