I just got back from Gamestop, and i'm glad I went! (INFO!)

The Cool

I just got off work an hour ago, went to the bank, then went to Gamestop. I renewed my Gameinformer magazine, and fully paid on a strategy guide reserve of GTA IV. The guy behind the counter said he was mad that I reserved the Special edition, because they stopped taking orders for them, and he didn't get one. He said he hopes somebody switches their order because he really wants it. Then he told me to follow him to the back, since he was the only one there. What I saw next was GLORIOUS. He let me hold a copy of the regular edition, and it's fucking beautiful. It's the best looking game case i've ever seen. The words on the front are braille-like, and they're outlined in silver. Then he let me see the 360 & PS3 Special editions, it doesn't all come in the duffel bag as supposed. It comes in a HUGE box, PS3 version has the chick with the sucker on the front, and the 360 has Niko. The actual game case is the same as the regular edition. The deposit box is alot bigger than it looks in the pictures, and the CD comes in a cardboard sleeve. I didn't look at the artwork book, because I want to save that for when I get the game. The keychain is sweet, and the duffel bag is neatly folded inside the box, and it looks big too. He said that the 360 version is selling three times more than the PS3 version at their location, but it's the exact opposite at other Gamestops. All in all, it's pretty much selling even in America. I asked what time I should show up for the Midnight release, and he told me 9:30 pm. So, that was my trip to Gamestop, and I hope you enjoyed the read.

Officially The Cool :thumbsup:

Edited by The Cool

That dude had some balls letting you go in the back mess with the GTA IV copies like that. You could have jacked that mofo. They kinda did that with me when Bioshock came out. He let me look over the counter. The Special and Regular Edition were in a locking drawer be hind the counter. That's when I figured out that games come in like a week before launch date.