PS3 to benefit more than 360 from GTA IV?

GTA Don

The release is just days away; our collective mouths are watering, and I think we are all of us ready to play the newest Grand Theft Auto. But there’s much more importance to the release than discovering Niko’s tale in Liberty City – Microsoft and Sony are both relying heavily on the game to give their respective system a leg up on the other. Microsoft is hoping the promise of exclusive downloadable content and the convenience of Xbox Live will be enough to woo gamers into going the 360 route, while Sony is banking on GTA being associated with the PlayStation brand for its edge.

With predicted sales of $400 million in the first week, suffice it to say that this is going to be big.

Analysts are chiming in with their prediction of which of the two console manufacturers will come out the victor in this particular battle. My adversary, Michael Pachter, explained his prediction quite simply, telling Reuters, “I think PS3 ‘wins’ this battle.”

“So many people who owned the PS2 went into PlayStation family because of GTA. The release of GTA4 could expedite their decision to upgrade,” said BMO Capital Markets’ Edward Williams.

Analysts weren’t all in agreement, though, as IDC’s Billy Pidgeon proved. “Online is such a strong part of the game and Microsoft has done such a great job of developing the online community, so for people who own multiple consoles, they will buy it for the 360,” he said.

One way or another, there’s one thing that’s undeniable: no matter which system you play the game on, it’s going to rock.

Source: FileFront

I think PS3 is going to come out on top. Its already won and Bluray is the next gen. On the other hand I think Xbox Live is much better than the PS3. And PS3 is more reliable than Microsoft. So while you are playing IV for 8 hours straight watch out for Red Light of Death. (these are my opinions). Also I'm not a fanboy either. :thumbsup:

I think PS3 is going to come out on top. Its already won and Bluray is the next gen. On the other hand I think Xbox Live is much better than the PS3. And PS3 is more reliable than Microsoft. So while you are playing IV for 8 hours straight watch out for Red Light of Death. (these are my opinions). Also I'm not a fanboy either. :thumbsup:

Are you high?

GTA's have always been designed for the Playstaion range, and if you want to say Live is better quality than PSN. Then cast your mind back a few days when Live went down for 2 HOURS for "Updates" when Xbox has not announced any reason or updates. Playstation has less than 1% fail rate and Xbox has 30%+

Those are my thoughts.

P.S - Sorry for the bump :)

Edited by Total-Junk

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Its fine with both of them as long as we play the game.

PS3 - No Downloadable content, no special prelighting but therefor no RRoD and operates way faster than the PC or the Xbox eventhough it has a very low ram of 256 which is not a positive. Also has six-axis. Im loyal to it though and thats not being a fanboy.

Xbox 360 - RRoD, no blueray CDs and a speed of 700 MHz but therefore downloadable content and Xbox live which is far better than PS Network. Also has Advanced Prelighting and a dashboard (unlike PS3).

Both are awesome consoles so whats with all the beefing? I personally prefer PS3 but im not bragging people about it and lets enjoy IV instead, no matter on which console.

GTA's have always been designed for the Playstaion range, and if you want to say Live is better quality than PSN. Then cast your mind back a few days when Live went down for 2 HOURS for "Updates" when Xbox has not announced any reason or updates. Playstation has less than 1% fail rate and Xbox has 30%+

Those are my thoughts.

P.S - Sorry for the bump :)

You wanna be sure about that, because GTA started out on the PC and then was ported to consoles. And who cares if XBL went down for 2 hours, because I didn't even notice. And before you go on about the 360's RROD, let me remind you that the PS2 also had a lot of hardware problems, but it still came out on top.

In the end, I don't care which console wins, because it's not a competition. What console you like should be your own thing to enjoy, not defend on an internet forum.

I just dont get people who keep on saying Xbox live is better than PS Network... big deal downloadable content and Xbox live which i would not bother paying for and i really dont think it matters on which console we play as long as WE PLAY. I dont feel bad for owning a ps3 just because there is no downloadable content... Right, both consoles have positives and negatives.

Are you high?

:nope:

Rofl, fanbois.

But yeah, that's pretty much complete bullshit. The 360 users get downloadable content, therefore owning :).

Sure, you get downloadble content for the Xbox. Buts its like Dr.Dbl.Gee said. I wasn't pointing out to the Xbox and saying its bad. I was saying the facts. They are both great consoles.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Its fine with both of them as long as we play the game.

PS3 - No Downloadable content, no special prelighting but therefor no RRoD and operates way faster than the PC or the Xbox eventhough it has a very low ram of 256 which is not a positive. Also has six-axis. Im loyal to it though and thats not being a fanboy.

Xbox 360 - RRoD, no blueray CDs and a speed of 700 MHz but therefore downloadable content and Xbox live which is far better than PS Network. Also has Advanced Prelighting and a dashboard (unlike PS3).

Both are awesome consoles so whats with all the beefing? I personally prefer PS3 but im not bragging people about it and lets enjoy IV instead, no matter on which console.

This is what i mean by positives and negatives.

On the other hand I think Xbox Live is much better than the PS3

FOR FUCK SAKE STOP USING THIS FUCKING ARGUEMENT AGAINST THE PS3!!! i so cannot wait until home is released so 360 users or poeple who generally dont like the ps3 can stop going on about XBL. fucking hell when home comes out it will destroy the hell out of XBL and leave it whimpering in the corner of some room where windows 95 is sitting right now! XBL IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF GAMING!!! STOP BASING YOUR ARGUEMENT ON ONE FACTOR ESPESCAILLY WHEN THAT FACTOR IS GOING TO BE PISSED ALL OVER IN THE COURSE OF THIS YEAR!!!

i think GTAIV will be more successful on ps3 for one very uberly simple reason which is this:

people are used to playing gta on a playstation, they have done for years, and if your used to something which is awesome you dont change, if it aint broke dont fix it people... the playstation was is and always will be the console of choice, having siad that if the pc release was around the same time as ps3 release i would buy it for pc (once i had bought my new pc which will pwn :P)

Rofl, fanbois.

But yeah, that's pretty much complete bullshit. The 360 users get downloadable content, therefore owning :).

But the PS3 version may be so good it may not need downloadable content :P

But I don't mind. My bros getting the 360 version and I'm getting the PS3 version. So if the 360 version is better I'll hide it so he can't play it....

On the other hand I think Xbox Live is much better than the PS3

FOR FUCK SAKE STOP USING THIS FUCKING ARGUEMENT AGAINST THE PS3!!! i so cannot wait until home is released so 360 users or poeple who generally dont like the ps3 can stop going on about XBL. fucking hell when home comes out it will destroy the hell out of XBL and leave it whimpering in the corner of some room where windows 95 is sitting right now! XBL IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF GAMING!!! STOP BASING YOUR ARGUEMENT ON ONE FACTOR ESPESCAILLY WHEN THAT FACTOR IS GOING TO BE PISSED ALL OVER IN THE COURSE OF THIS YEAR!!!

i think GTAIV will be more successful on ps3 for one very uberly simple reason which is this:

people are used to playing gta on a playstation, they have done for years, and if your used to something which is awesome you dont change, if it aint broke dont fix it people... the playstation was is and always will be the console of choice, having siad that if the pc release was around the same time as ps3 release i would buy it for pc (once i had bought my new pc which will pwn :P)

I'm not aganist the PS3.

I also hate it when people brag around with this Xbox Live Xbox Live... Im happy with PS network cuz guess what i dont have to pay a shit for it. I dont give a sh*t about Downloadable content either and same about Blueray and six-axis! WHO GIVES BOTH CONSOLES ARE GOOD. Im not defending PS3 or Xbox here eventhough i own a PS3.