Red Ring of Death!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your pretty buggered for now.... But there is a "how to fix RRoD" on youtube. It kinda works but it can make the problem worse.

But this is the main reason I chose the PS3. Because it's more durable, and it looks better IMO (and it's a good blu ray player)

Same here. Lol. No RRoD, No trouble.

I just played Saint's Row just to make sure I didn't get the red ring of death :P.

I've been playing it recently to fill my GTA void and it's not doing the trick, it actually makes me long for GTA IV even more. Now I'm stuck with Call of Duty or Rainbow Six, which neither are appealing at this point.

Why does the ring of death happend?

Agreed w/ rockstarrem, it's not helping anyone.

I feel for you.

The short version is the main boards weren't properly soldered when they were built & the cooling systems weren't up

to the job. Units made after Sept '07 are supposed to be re-engineered to correct these problems & MS

announced (I think around November) an extended 3-year warranty on ALL X360s as long as they haven't been opened

by the user. A few people got around that but don't count on it. There also have been reports of people having some

problems getting MS to honor the warranty until the console completely fails.

As I just told another member, don't open the case. Get it to an authorized tech & rent a console for Tuesday. That's

about your only option if you want to play on Tuesday unless someone can loan you a console.

That's a tough break man, that's like your fire place caving in on Christmas eve. It's touching though how everyone is sharing your pain & is there for you in your hour of need. I'm still holding out for my next gen console, but I had been leaning towards the PS3 before this revelation, factor in the curse of the RRODD & my mind is pretty much made up.

Ohhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyy Gooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Red Rings tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How messed up is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TWO DAYS BEFORE RELEASE!!!!!! WHY GOD??? :cry::pissedred::thumbsdown::bashhead::wtf:

Spammer. stop spamming.

^ What? It's the topic starter's post, and we're all discussing it. It's not spam. What you did was spam.

Tough break though... :(

Ohhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyy Gooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Red Rings tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How messed up is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TWO DAYS BEFORE RELEASE!!!!!! WHY GOD??? :cry::pissedred::thumbsdown::bashhead::wtf:

Spammer. stop spamming.

^ What? It's the topic starter's post, and we're all discussing it. It's not spam. What you did was spam.

Tough break though... :(

I am a spammer? Wow, okay.... didn't know that.

Thank you guys for all of your input

I decided to send in my 360 to Microsoft :'( Looks like I'll be playing GTA4 with you guys somewhere in the next month/ two months. This sucks so bad....

Edited by nikolaibellic

niko don't act all gay. My xbox fucked up and I had a new 1 less then a week. So stop crying besides. My boy ps3 just went out too. So take better care of it next time. And I have a ps3 its not that good. Waste of money seeing I got it at launch now it just sits there. We will LOL come time for dcl. And watch how ps3 owners cry about lag when playing online. So just go over a friends house till u get urs back

niko don't act all gay. My xbox fucked up and I had a new 1 less then a week. So stop crying besides. My boy ps3 just went out too. So take better care of it next time. And I have a ps3 its not that good. Waste of money seeing I got it at launch now it just sits there. We will LOL come time for dcl. And watch how ps3 owners cry about lag when playing online. So just go over a friends house till u get urs back

First of all, a couple of my co workers have had their xbox's die too and they have told me that it took them about a month or month and a half. Thats why I'm pissed is because like most everyone else on this website ive been looking forward to this game since it was announced and now I have to wait anohter month? Lastly, I took great care of my xbox, It never moved once I unboxed it and sat on top of a table with plenty of air circulation, it was just bound to happen.....

Its easy for you to say "stop crying" because your getting GTA 4 on tuesday, im not.