GTA IV will not be available for PC

GTA Don

Well folks, those of you hoping to see GTAIV come out for the PC, well things are looking grim. Rockstar has said that they doubt they will be producing a PC version.

sad-face.jpg

As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

They basically said their work is cut out between the Xbox 360 and PS3, leaving the PC fans in the dark. If this is 100% reality, one of two things will happen, either they will loose a significant fan base or most PC players will go to a console...

Source: WhatIfGaming

The site doesn't seem reliable to trust, so don't believe what you see. It's probably just some publicity stunt just to get their website high up. So don't believe what they say, it's probably just like I said. I also read some comments, and found one with what Rockstar Games had to say:

When I emailed Rockstar about this issue, this was all I got:

"Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, since we haven’t announced plans for any possible PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV, I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for you. Stay tuned to the Rockstar Games official website for details on all of our upcoming game announcements.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

So yes, stay tuned, we will get a reply eventually. But it's already the first day in which is the game is released for 360 and PS3, so we shouldn't be getting any answers from Rockstar in a few months.

I always say this and get flamed for it but I dont think they will do a PC version, the website above though is bullshit I dont think R* would want to spend time on a PC version when they could be planning for the next game, plus I dont think people will want to wait another 4 years for the next GTA do I think R* will have to create the next GTA within 2/3 years.

Lol, so many people (i.e. people who would buy the game) can't because they don't like consoles and don't own a PS3/360. Plus the PC version allows for better graphics, better controls, modding, and other things impossible with console games.

Yes Rockstar did put a lot of effort into the console versions but porting to the PC is an effortless job and I have no doubt that they will do so.

I always say this and get flamed for it but I dont think they will do a PC version, the website above though is bullshit I dont think R* would want to spend time on a PC version when they could be planning for the next game, plus I dont think people will want to wait another 4 years for the next GTA do I think R* will have to create the next GTA within 2/3 years.

I'm pretty sure for the next title Rockstar is going to reuse the new engine they developed for GTAIV. They won't have such a heavy load on them and a new game could be released within two years from now. As most of you know this is exactly what they did with GTA3; They released VC a year later. and two years later came SA.

They know the positive outcome of a PC version, won't worry about it. It's coming. :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

It think it will come out for pc but R* just wants to pump all sales they can out of the consoles before the release the pc version because a lot of ppl will also buy the pc version even thought they have the console verion simply because of the insane mod possibilities. and beside r* would lose a lot of money by not making it for pc cause more ppl own a pc than a console.

if it dose come out for the pc ill buy(even though i already have it for PS3)