Just how much money did Rockstar put into GTA IV?

Mpilk901

According to a recent article at the UK's TimesOnline, the game may be the most expensive game to make in the industry's history. Leslie Benzies, one of the leading producers for GTAIV, estimates that the total cost to create GTAIV sits at the astounding $100 million mark. Yep, that's right- "It's like making a theatre production, a few movies and an album all to fit into one package," he said. While he can't put an exact price tag on the production, he believes that $100m mark isn't far off; over 1,000 people had a part in developing the blockbuster, after all. But even if it is accurate, don't worry about Rockstar. Analysts expect the game to rake in over $400 million in the first week of sales alone.

Grand Theft Auto IV is bound to be a phenomenon, and it probably comes as no surprise that it costs a mountain of cash to develop and produce. But $100 million? That's just insane. Let's hope it's all worth it in the end!

Wow! Thats about the amount they use to make films with! Rockstar have put alot of effort into this game as they do for all their games and I'm very happy to hear it.

Source: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2978.html

Edited by FallenClyro

According to a recent article at the UK's TimesOnline, the game may be the most expensive game to make in the industry's history. Leslie Benzies, one of the leading producers for GTAIV, estimates that the total cost to create GTAIV sits at the astounding $100 million mark. Yep, that's right- "It's like making a theatre production, a few movies and an album all to fit into one package," he said. While he can't put an exact price tag on the production, he believes that $100m mark isn't far off; over 1,000 people had a part in developing the blockbuster, after all. But even if it is accurate, don't worry about Rockstar. Analysts expect the game to rake in over $400 million in the first week of sales alone.

Grand Theft Auto IV is bound to be a phenomenon, and it probably comes as no surprise that it costs a mountain of cash to develop and produce. But $100 million? That's just insane. Let's hope it's all worth it in the end!

Wow! Thats about the amount they use to make films with! Rockstar have put alot of effort into this game as they do for all their games and I'm very happy to hear it.

F-ing hell! $100m - thats loads of cash!! Just to put it into perspective, here are some things to compare it to

Lord Of The Rings movies: They cost $99m EACH on average (2001 / 2002 / 2003)

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - $75m in 1997

James Bond: Goldeneye - $60m in 1995

GTA IV: $100m

I think Crackdown was just under $50m and Halo was around $60m - but thats just from what I've read in the past, it may not be true.

Its bound to be worth it though, it is a masterpiece. I hope they can make enough profit to continue making GTA games!

Edited by jackthewelshman

F-ing hell! $100m - thats loads of cash!! Just to put it into perspective, here are some things to compare it to

Lord Of The Rings movies: They cost $99m EACH on average (2001 / 2002 / 2003)

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - $75m in 1997

James Bond: Goldeneye - $60m in 1995

GTA IV: $100m

I think Crackdown was just under $50m and Halo was around $60m - but thats just from what I've read in the past, it may not be true.

Its bound to be worth it though, it is a masterpiece. I hope they can make enough profit to continue making GTA games!

I bet it is bro. A tru masterpeice it is.

Considering how much money Rockstar Games and Take 2 make, 100 million bucks is a pocket money for these guys.People are still buying GTAIII,Vice City,san Andreas ,Liberty City Stories and vIce City stories all over the world,they sell millions even today despite that these games were realeased a long time ago.