Help, Problem with my GTA 4 disc...

I finally got the long-awaited copy of GTA 4 this morning, but I wanted to get some sleep so I could play it all day today. I put in the disc right away and the game worked fine (It is the xbox360 version). When I put it back in this morning I was having major problems just loading the game. The game itself would not load when I put the disc in but a menu that says "please put this disc in an xbox360" and I'm sitting there going wtf? I tried two different things to see if it would work besides blowing the dust off the 360 etc...I tried just turning on the 360 with the disc already in it, but nothing even loaded up, it would just stay on "Xbox 360" part right after the consoul loads up. I tried putting the disc after the system was on a bunch of times...but I keep getting the same menu with the disc problem over and over again. I might have to return it, but I was just wondering if this is a problem with the system and not the disc first...any ideas why this is happening?

try cleaning the disc with a soft tissue, i always had this kind of problem with my asassins creed and vegas 2, it usually work. however if it still won't work, borrow another GTA IV from your friend(if they had it) and run that disc, if it doesn't work either then i'm sorry but it's your xbox 360

i'm going to say it, i'm guessing that your xbox is experiencing(let's hope it's not, there are other possibilities) the red ring of death, well... not yet but if the things above won't work, give your xbox a rest for a day or two at least

but i'm sure it's just one of those things, if the problem is your disc, can't you just exchange for a new GTA IV disc from the store you bought it from?

try cleaning the disc with a soft tissue, i always had this kind of problem with my asassins creed and vegas 2, it usually work. however if it still won't work, borrow another GTA IV from your friend(if they had it) and run that disc, if it doesn't work either then i'm sorry but it's your xbox 360

i'm going to say it, i'm guessing that your xbox is experiencing(let's hope it's not, there are other possibilities) the red ring of death, well... not yet but if the things above won't work, give your xbox a rest for a day or two at least

but i'm sure it's just one of those things, if the problem is your disc, can't you just exchange for a new GTA IV disc from the store you bought it from?

Yes, I have experienced the red ring of death at least 7 times over the course the two years...so it might be time to get another xbox...I am currently at work now, but I'll try to clean the disc when I get home today and let you know how that goes. The stupid part is, I was so excited when I bought the game that I lost the receit from the store to my house. I was too excited to notice not that you could blame me, but I should've paid more attention to that. I really do not want to, but if it comes down to it, I am willing to cough up another $60 to buy another one.

I managed to get it working earlier today, and it has been fine since! I was really angry at one point that i pushed the disc tray open button really hard and I heard it crack. I was like "oh no what did i do now..." But for some reason...the game started working right after that. Whatever that crack was, was the problem I was having!

I managed to get it working earlier today, and it has been fine since! I was really angry at one point that i pushed the disc tray open button really hard and I heard it crack. I was like "oh no what did i do now..." But for some reason...the game started working right after that. Whatever that crack was, was the problem I was having!

I've been following a line of "GTAIV isn't working!" topics and I'm happy to hear you got yours to work. Just take care of your 360 from now on though and enjoy the game!

Answer:

If the one doesn't work than try the next one.

-Clean the disc and try again.

-Open your Xbox 360 and clean ALL of the dust.

-Insert the disc again.

-Return it and get another copy before it's too late.

-Try this copy.

-Verify the age of your Xbox and the model (for example, if it's a very old model, and has a hard disc or not (like 20gb) )

-If it's the old model than i'm afraid you will have to buy a new lazer reader, due to the game being to modern and the disc reader lens not working as well anymore.

-If it really doesn't work than bring your xbox to a repairation store with the game, and let them sort it out.

-If this still doesn't work than contact Microsoft.

-Otherwise get yourself another xbox, secondhand, and see if it works.

-If this doesn't buy yourself a NEW xbox, actually I have a better idea (instead of a new xbox, buy a new PS3!!!!).

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...