So What Do You Not Like? !SPOILERS!

I thought it'd be fun to list anything you have found you don't like, Miss from the previous games, or things you could do without.

personally I hate navigating the city when on missions, it takes a long time to get from one island to another. I've never been to New York so I'm assuming its really worse than the game. I find myself taking a taxi when i have to go for really long drives.

The steering also takes a while to get used to.

THERE ARE COPS EVERYWHERE!!!

I find myself actually getting some speed and next thing I knoe i hit a cop

BUT I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! It should be in a museum with the Mona Lisa, and everything else that is considered art.

Ryan

I dont like how the cars seem like they have anti gravity cheat on.

They fly at EVERY single bump and have no traction at all. Even a coqette was going on 3 wheels around a turn while spinning out while lightly accelerating at about 15 miles per hour. That would never happen at all.

I also dont like that you cant quick-look in the car, you cant walk straight very easily, you cant aim molotov cocktails or grenades out of the car, and you cant look at yourself from the front while walking.

Edited by tilly

and you cant look at yourself from the front while walking.

Hold R3 (or the equivalent to a xbox) and LOOK! YOU CAN! :D

I actually LIKE the car controls now.. heeeee (i can stick to one thing can i) corners are so fun :D and find unique jumps are very very cool:)

Dislike the lack of open areas (but hey its new york!) two many cops, lack of first aid (always have to buy damn food!) and lack of vests.

Sometimes it's hard to handle through corners, specially when your been chased by cops. The cops are more aggressive in this game that the others, that makes it a lot harder, and when you first get the cops after you, it's sometimes very hard to get away from the crime area without been seen.

Even if you dont drive crazy, you cant take a turn without sliding unless you are decelerating, lowering your turning radius.

Its stupid.

But the little drift mode it puts you in is a little fun when you get it right.

Well I meant I'm a bit crazy behind the wheel in real life. So I really think the handling in IV is way off.

I also hate driving from Island to island. I think I take a taxi more than I drive long distances because i hate the controls

I also Hate the fact the Official Guide didnt answer alot of my questions or have alot of the odds and ends, like little side notes like radio stations, and just little fun facts. For 20$ i expected more, but It does what I need

Where the hell is all the body armour. I was always a devote cheater on the previous titles, I have the codes for this one but I want to play through without using them, I just dont know where to get armour at?

I guEss Ill have to get the guide out and see where

Ryan

Where the hell is all the body armour. I was always a devote cheater on the previous titles, I have the codes for this one but I want to play through without using them, I just dont know where to get armour at?

Body armour can be found in any gun shop around town.

I have also discovered a little thing that I think most of us wanted to see in the game. When you get in a fight, and someone hits you, the cops don't react until Niko punch in selfdefense. That was something that was discussed in the Wishlist, but seem like we'll have to live with it anyway.

There's not a lot I don't like, but I do have a few irritations:

You can't switch your aiming. By that I mean, you can't change to the left hand side to shoot around corners, except when you're up against cover. Apart from that, you're stuck shooting via the right hand side.

The handling of the cars is a little too heavy for my liking, and car chases don't have the same excitement as before, unless you're on a fairly straight motorway.

The fighting system is poor - you don't move quick enough during the fight, and there are only 2 or 3 different punches you can do, with 1 or 2 kicks. This might change later in the game, I'm just basing my opinion on what I've experienced so far.

I get knocked off my feet too often by idiotic drivers.

There isn't as much interaction with pedestrians.

Lastly, running up and down stairs looks silly. His legs look broken when running down them, and he's like a tortoise running up them. Ohter than those small irritations, the game is excellent.

I dislike the fact you cant buy houses, there are no vehicle mod garages (at least, none that ive found, and im 46% through the game with all the islands), the cars spin out WAY too much... Like every friggin mission ends with Niko running from cops, which is also extremely annoying b/c they are EVERYWHERE... The targeting system kinds sucks too.. Like it seems to lock on to the closest person, even if they are behind a wall, rather than going for the guy you are actually looking at who is actually hurting you.

• 3 weeks later...