Does Rockstar Favor X-Box?

Is it just me or does it seem like everytime Rockstar shows something related to the game, its for the X-Box 360 console. For example, I was looking at the multiplayer PDF file for help since it wasn't connecting, and the X-Box controller is in full color. I scrolled down a little bit and the PS3 controller was a fucking black and white 'blueprint'. Then I was browsing around either rockstar.com or grandtheftauto4.com (can't remember) and they had a link to buy the game for consoles, and it was the X-Box game case. I scrolled down to see if there was one for PS3, but there indeed was not. Now I could be mistaken, but what do you guys think? Is Microsoft shelling out some dough to be seen as the console of choice for playing GTAIV?

WOW. That is an ass ton of money. Supposedly GTA IV cost around 100 mill to make, so that took off half the fucking production cost! Now the profit they are going to make is that much more. I guess good for them even though I am a ps3 fanboy, because I want to see this company pump out blockbusters for years to come.

I know its just that X-Box 360 doesn't need any help, and right now they are kicking Microsoft's ass in the marketing side of things. But hey, it's a cut throat industry and if Microsoft is winning then PS3 is doing something wrong.

And BTW LA Noir is going to be on all 'next generation consoles'. Search it on wikipedia.

I don't know what all you xbox fanboys have been taking. But if you took your head out of the sand you might find that outside of the USA the biggest selling console this year has been the PS3.

In Japan, who lets face it are the technology superpowers, Xbox has failed miserably.

I don't know what all you xbox fanboys have been taking. But if you took your head out of the sand you might find that outside of the USA the biggest selling console this year has been the PS3.

In Japan, who lets face it are the technology superpowers, Xbox has failed miserably.

You are right sir. Worldwide I'd be curious to see what the numbers are for both consoles. I bet it is much closer than you would think.

Sony and Microsoft both made deals with R*.

As for the controls in that PDF, that is the stock photos sent by both companies. That PS3 controller is in the pamphlet of every game. Not sure with that Xbox controller, but I think you are reading too far into this.

Jesus Christ, buddy. Are you any fucking better? Because the only thing I've seen out of your mouth is fanboy-bullshit. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

If I were Rockstar, I'd definitely favor the larger market. However, I wouldn't exactly leave out my fanbase. As for the actual PDF, I agree with BigTroy.

EDIT: And if you took your head outta your ass, you'd know that the 360 version sold more than the PS3 version in your own motherfucking country. Now, let's leave it.

Edited by L-RiC

We're not in Japan.

If there is any favoritism on R*'s part it's probably because of the $50mil deal. A big game was coming out & MS knew

when to make connections, Sony rested on their laurels & relied on customer loyalty. It's just business & MS made the

better deal.

The PS3 outsells the 360 in Japan because the PS3 is MADE IN JAPAN.

The Japanese always favor their own products. Sometimes to the point of selecting the inferior product simply because it is Japanese.

We Americans are far less likely to buy something just because it was made in the USA.

I have all three, I don't care who wins the console wars and I care less which is 'better'. But get one thing straight, PS3 doesn't outsell in Japan because it's better it outsells because it's Japanese.

Hell the Wii beats both the PS3 and 360 in Japan because its Japanese, Its Nintendo (great reputation in Japan) and it's KAWAII! (look it up)

Comparing markets to say which is better is pointless. There are a ton of other factors besides what the consoles can do that decides how it sells in each country.

Yes, because numbers lie, it's not like the Wii has outsold both of them worldwide or the fact that the 360 has sold more than PS3 worldwide and in the US.

If you're going to say something and you want to make it appear factual, back it up with data and statistics.

We Americans are far less likely to buy something just because it was made in the USA.

Right, we're more likely to buy something made in China because it's cheaper.

Also notice that all console sales of the big three in Japan don't even measure up to just Xbox sales in the US. And that's comparing Jan 1st US sales to March 30th sales in Japan, a 3 month 'gimme' to the Japanese market.

Why people bring up the tiny little Japanese console market to back up their fanboism is just laughable.

To reiterate I dont care which console wins, I just hate fanboism.

The PS3 outsells the 360 in Japan because the PS3 is MADE IN JAPAN.

But get one thing straight, PS3 doesn't outsell in Japan because it's better it outsells because it's Japanese.

Hell the Wii beats both the PS3 and 360 in Japan because its Japanese, Its Nintendo (great reputation in Japan) and it's KAWAII! (look it up)

Then, later...

Why people bring up the tiny little Japanese console market to back up their fanboism is just laughable.

wat?

Xbox 360 doesn't doesn't sell well in Japan because it's not what the Japanese have traditionally preferred in a console; the PS2 was preferred to the Xbox because it was smaller and had a larger quantity of better games.

Also, that link I provided shows worldwide sales for all three consoles, which also shows the Wii beating both, with the Xbox 360 in 2nd place. That's all.

For the record, just because Urban mentioned sales in the Japanese market in the first place doesn't make him a fanboy.

I hope you're not insinuating with all this that I don't like the Xbox 360, because I DO have one and it's been extremely reliable, at least for me.

I'm not sure why, but on this advert I took a photo of in New York they only have the PS3 logo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisphillips/2441010382/

So yeah, for some things the 360 is more prominently placed, and for others, the PS3. I don't really think they favour one or the other. I mean if MS hadn't paid millions for exclusive DLC I think both games would be equal.