GTA IV's Graphics

Rate GTA IV's Graphics  

26 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you guy's think of GTA IV's graphics. Both consoles included.

• Cutting Edge, Top Notch, Best Around
    • Good, Great, Cool
    • Decent, Standard, Mediocre
    • Bad, Crappy, Horrible

I was a little let down by GTA IV's graphics. I knew they were not going for the 100% realism like a game like Call of Duty 4, but more of an animated look or something. But even when I am playing through an HD Pioneer Elite 1080p (or 'I', dont remember) I sometimes notice white fuzziness along some edges (not often), and I also notice that sometimes peoples faces look a tad different from scene to scene. And eye sockets and their eyeballs tend to look bizarre. I play Playstation 3 and I have to say it seems like R* did not take advantage of the consoles full potential. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are good, all games on the new consoles these days are, but I was just a tiny bit let down.

Edited by the_dude420

Theg graphics are very good, but I also get let down my some fuzziness every now and again on my HDTV as well. And a few frame rate drops. However, above this they have done a very good job, with some scenes looking like real life, and others looking very good.

I have looked into the problem and there doesnt seem to be such a problem with frame rate and fuzziness on a standard def TV, it looks much more stable - but not as good in the better scenes due to HDTV's higher res etc.

I was a little let down by GTA IV's graphics. I knew they were not going for the 100% realism like a game like Call of Duty 4, but more of an animated look or something. But even when I am playing through an HD Pioneer Elite 1080p (or 'I', dont remember) I sometimes notice white fuzziness along some edges (not often), and I also notice that sometimes peoples faces look a tad different from scene to scene. And eye sockets and their eyeballs tend to look bizarre. I play Playstation 3 and I have to say it seems like R* did not take advantage of the consoles full potential. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are good, all games on the new consoles these days are, but I was just a tiny bit let down.

The graphics have improved, it's alot more different. But yeah, you'll expect this stuff to happen, it's all new to us and we've never experienced these type of graphics. At least it's not like San Andreas were you have block hands.

Just remember that GTA IV are not like Call Of Duty 4 whenever it comes to graphics, both games are totally different.

I haven't played the game yet (And I don't think I will in a few months) but seeing all these previews, it seems like the biggest improvement.

Im actually dissapointed. To be honest, from the trailers and screenshots i thought the graphic would be GOOD but so far what i saw (im done with 27% of the game) are low-res and flat textures cheap collisions. Not everywhere but on some places. Some places are very nice while others are just CHEAP. I was expecting more. Cars turned out nice though eventhough they still have a pretty low poly interior but atleast not a square steering wheel. Yes, yes it is a major step n sh*t like you guys will start telling me but if id have to rate it id say 7/10 (graffic not gameplay)... I have played it and im basing this apon other PS3 games i have played before.

Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee

I don't know what you guys are thinking. the graphics are spectacular in my opinion. all of you seem to forget that the one constant in all the GTA games is the fact the the graphics all look cartoonish and comic book like, which explains some of the lo res and cheap looking parts in the game, but if you take that away and make it as real as call of duty 4 then u will take away the FEEL of GTA away, which is one of the elements that made this series so popular, and it would just be another action adventure game. Have you guys ever stopped to think that maybe Rockstar chose to keep that GTA feel in IV? Just look at the box cover for the game! that right there should have told you that the graphics have improved, but Rockstar chose not to take away the FEEL OF GTA! I feel sorry for all you guys that are criticizing the graphics for GTA IV, because all of you wasted between 60 to 100 dollars for nothing! If all of you are going to criticize GTA 4, then you might as well return the game back to the store where you got it from! The greatest game ever created so far in this universe! PERIOD!!!