Take-Two: How to fix Freezing bugs:

To prevent you game from freezing and other bugs, do the following,

Please run through the following, go through in order.

1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.

2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.

4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.

If that doesn't solve the problem, Take-Two allows tech support users to reopen their cases within seven days.

Hopefully this will help some of the freezing and crashing problems for some owners.

More support available at The official site:

http://support.take2games.com/cgi-bin/take...ibility=0&p

So much shit to do just to stop the game from crashing... Thats gay but it might solve the problem for most people. Why did they not mention anything about the "turning off the PS2 smoothing" or whatever its called, cuz i heard it kinda solved the problem for some people too.

Well mine freezes but not as often so i can live with it. The only thing that buggs me a lot is multiplayer, because it only works at night when less people are online. They should, MUST, upgrade these fucked up servers.

Well anyways good to know that the problems are getting dealt with.

Personally I have an Xbox 360 and havent had any probs thank god ::knocks on wood::

But for all of you PS3 gamers, you guys should be marching to rockstar right now. After waiting so many years, and so many delays. Alot of you got a game you cant play. Thats BS. For 60$ or 80$ or whatever you paid for the game I would think it would work. They put so much time and effort into making it as realistic as possible, and it doesnt play.

You shouldnt have to do a 12 step program, delete you files or turn off features to beable to play the game IT SHOULD JUST WORK!!!!!!!!!! I mean seriously GTA 4 was Always coming out on PS3, its not something that was rushed into production at the last minute. Did they just test and play the game on 1 PS3, not several like they should.

I feel youre pain. I'd be so pissed right now Id smack my momma.

Ryan

Hey TomNeck! whats your source? How reliable is this information. You've been posting false shit around here and now your telling to delete the saved game files!

You guys better wait before doing anything foolish!

hey, go to www.gta4.tv, and see it yourself you idiot!!