New Wheels

freakinova

Make sure you're putting your new wheels in the right IMG file, there are several.

I trust you remembered to back up your original files before you started to save having to reload.

This may be an old headache w/ IMG tools, the "REPLACE" option. When I was modding VC I read a lot of warnings

that it didn't work. Open the IMG file & use the FIND option to find the original wheels. They should be at the bottom

of the list (new files go to the bottom). If you end up in the middle somewhere that means the original never got

deleted & the game sees it (yes it will still run, it just ignores the second one). Delete the original & REBUILD ARCHIVE.

Good luck, if you're still having trouble check out the tutorials at the top of the modding page.

i will replace it in IMG??, the README txt said i will replace it in "D:\Games\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic" so replace it to the "D:\Games\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\generic" not in IMG.

i downloaded it here in "www.thegtaplace.com"

Edited by freakinova

no Wheel.txd in gta3.IMG

is there anyone there can Translate this??

1. Entpacken

2. die wheels.txd kopiern

3. und in euer verzeichnis einfuegen ( Programme/Rockstar Games/Gta San Andreas/models/generic

4. und dann einfach ueberschreiben lassen(Vorher die alte wheels.txd sichern)

Thanks............

First possible translation:

1st Extracting

2nd the wheels.txd kopiern

3rd and in your directory einfuegen (programs / Rock Star Games / Gta San Andreas / models / generic

4th and then simply let ueberschreiben (Before the old wheels.txd secure)

I think was German, it's the only thing it looks like it could be.

Follow Urbanoutlaw's advise and you shouldn't have any issues, just remember to back-up originals

hi,

I download the New Wheels in San Andreas Mod, but after i Replace it to the old one, no changes, it's still the old wheels..

Help,

The problem is that mod doesn't do squat in San Andreas! The game engine completely igores the 'wheels.txd' file and is just a remnant of earlier GTA games that did use that file. It's harmless though.

Look for a better mod that replaces the individual wheels that you can customize at one of the game's mod shops.

There's also another possible answer, I've had to catch myself a few times, but you have to be careful not to mix up VC with SanAn modds. Sometimes it's not obvious. If this is a SanAn file, and you have done everything right, then it's likely that it wasn't completed correctly. If you really want to remove it from the game you'll need to un-install/re-install the game. Just remember next to make a back of any file you plan to alter.