GTA III Myth - Claude Talks

Claude speaks in GTA2 in the intro trailer... He says: "Dead!" to some guy. His voice is WAY different though. It doesn't really matter. Some gal shoots Claudes voicebox so he could speak whenever he wants. Also, some girl in the game says something like: "He does speak, just not very much" or something. So it's a mystery over whether he's mute or not.

Deji I'm fixing what you said above. Catalina shoots Claude in the voicebox so he could speaks whenever he wants, well it is not know where he was shot. Maria says I've met a man, who does not speak very much.

Yes Deji your right its a mystery.

Edited by Bulletproofboy

I've saw it too, but it wasn't from you.

Actually, i was the one who Uploaded that Video.

I found an Old GTA III Trailer on one of the Game Websites, someone else had Made a Myth Video about this but on a Different Website, so i decided to make my own Myth Video on his and to Upload it onto YouTube.

• 4 years later...

This is a direct quote from Rockstar Games.

"This is fake. This is an old bit of gameplay footage, for sure, but we think the voices were added at a later date by someone online as at no point did we plan for Claude to have a voice or even design how a speaking protagonist would be implemented until Vice City."

Edited by themattdud3

Well, from what I read coming straight from Sam Houser, head of Rockstar North, Claude was intended to have a voice, but in the work process, they forgot about it and it never came to be. However, it seems since he states it like it slipped his/their mind, it was technically possible.

Other characters talk, so it's not that much of a stretch I would think, but obviously how much is accurate in the above from Rockstar proper, it could be they didn't know how to implement it per se, and it was more time consuming then what was allotted for development. With GTA III to GTA Vice, it was less then a year IIRC

Here's a proper link since the first one above is now dead....

Edited by BlackListedB

Sam Houser's quote about forgetting to complete a voice for Claude Speed still rings as accurate to me, all though I can't cite the source, I'm challenge anyone to prove it wrong, if they think I'm off base saying this. It's always intrigued me any comments from the heads of Rockstar State.

I was looking through my old Playstation 2 era articles I bought to find ones I remember with Aaron Garbut and Leslie Benzies, when I first heard his name brought up, it was as Leslie and not Les, so I assumed like many that maybe he was a she! haha

• 2 weeks later...