Xbox Broke No More Gta For Me

So my Xbox took a shit on me finally. I wanted to ask you guys here for some advice

A while back me and the old lady were fighting and the short version is The Xbox got slammed. Im talking SLAMMED ON THE FLOOR! But it still worked fine. I was at a friends house letting him check it out and had the 360 standing upright and his kid bumped it and knocked it over flat. Now I cant play any games. With GTA it says I need to put the game in a 360 Console which obviously it is. Ive taken the HDD off and tried open and closed it, turned it on with the game in it. Sometimes it will make it through the loading until it goes to load my actual game, then just stops loading. I put Dead rising in and it says it cant read the disk, which has always worked.

But I can still play DVDs on it with no prob. It doesnt have the RROD. I still have the warranty on it and I am sending it in. Do you guys know if they will realize the Xbox has be abused in the past? Im figuring the lense got scratched somehow.

Any tips on making it play without sending it in or if they will even fix it? the only visible damage is on the back where the white metal meets, where it over laps a little at the top, where it popped apart a little?

Thanks, I get my Stimulus check this week and I think im just gonna buy and Elite. If i get mine fixed then I might just sell it

Ryan

Well, your warranty's FUBAR so you might as well look for another one that died from RROD & use the drive out of it.

People open them up & void the warranty.

Option 2 is to have authorized tech fix it & pass the bill to whoever slammed it in the first place.

Wow I havent heard FUBAT in a long time LOL

Thats what I was wondering because i didnt know if they opened it up if they could tell it got slammed or not.

I think Im still gonna send it in and see what happens I thik worse case scenario theyll send it back and tell me to go **** myself. Ill just go buy an elite this week I guess.

Anyone know if there is a way to take all my achievement and save files off my 20 gig HHD and transfer it to the elite's? Thats one thing I am worried about because I worked hard for my achievements and save files

Thanks for helping

Ryan

Nothing to lose sending it in & who knows, you might get a tech pissed at MS & they send you back an elite.

As for transferring gamesaves & demos, look for one of these (found mine at a local gameshop). If the drive is full of

stuff you paid for, pick up an extra drive to send in. Just remember, if you pay for it off XBL it's supposedly tied to the

console it was downloaded to & will only work on that one (supposedly).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141201

Good luck.

Nothing to lose sending it in & who knows, you might get a tech pissed at MS & they send you back an elite.

As for transferring gamesaves & demos, look for one of these (found mine at a local gameshop). If the drive is full of

stuff you paid for, pick up an extra drive to send in. Just remember, if you pay for it off XBL it's supposedly tied to the

console it was downloaded to & will only work on that one (supposedly).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141201

Good luck.

Thanks for the input, I actually just got on XBL last week and never realy got a chance to buy anything LOL I had a few trailors and demos but nothin I paid for.

Im just worried about the achievements and Gamesaves. Ill look into it I went to the site but it didnt say much besides go to best buy to get it. So i will check it out. I was hoping just to hook the two boxes up and tramsfer everything via and ethernet cord. I guess that would be too easy

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks, I get my Stimulus check this week and I think im just gonna buy and Elite. If i get mine fixed then I might just sell it

That's exactly what I would suggest, buy an elite, then when you get your refurb xbox back just sell it.

Oh and I believe Elite's come with a transfer cable that allows you to get all your stuff off your original hard drive so you shouldn't lose any data.

That's exactly what I would suggest, buy an elite, then when you get your refurb xbox back just sell it.

Oh and I believe Elite's come with a transfer cable that allows you to get all your stuff off your original hard drive so you shouldn't lose any data.

Alrighty Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it

Enjoy the game for me while im outta action

Ryan