Mods available?

No it isn't, read it over again.

The topic-starter thought you can mod consoles, and so, some users replied saying:

You can but it's very difficult and illegal.
Here's a quote from Gerard's SA Modding Guide:
Can I mod my game?

There are several different versions of San Andreas, including 2 PC versions and 2 console versions:

Playstation 2: Modding the PS2 version of the game is very hard. In order to do so, you will need a dual-layer DVD burner, a blank dual-layer DVD, DVD/ISO creation software, and a PS2 modchip. You must copy the DVD contents to the computer, install the mods like you would on the PC version, make the files into an ISO, and use software to make a bootable dual-layer DVD using the ISO file. You must burn to the DVD, then put it in your PS2. You must have a modchip or the PS2 will give you a disc read error. We cannot provide support for PS2 mods due to copyright/piracy issues

Xbox: See Playstation 2

Even though that's for PS2/Xbox, I'm assuming it applys to the PS3/360 in similar ways.

Basically, you (probably) CAN mod the PS3/360, BUT it is illegal. And due to copyright/piracy issues (as said in the quote), no one will make the mods, or if someone does, it WILL be nearly impossible to find.