My GTA4 Opinions (Spoilers)

this is how i truely feel about gta4

these are my opinions, please dont chew me out for them, cuz that gets quite annoying after a while, im not posting this to persuade people, im just posting my opinion

to be honest, i think the game was a big disappointment. they lied about a lot of things and it made the game sound better than it actually is. san andreas was better

i read numerous reviews that said we could drive around for like a year and still not find every single thing you can do. how is this true? there really isnt anything you can do besides shoot people, drive, and do missions. i havent found one cool thing to do that wasnt in the other games. i mean the strip clubs and comedy clubs are cool yeah. but that doesnt take a year to figure out.

the features in gta4 are so limited. the places you can go are limited

san andreas had such cool amazing features, and none of them returned in IV except eating, swimming and dating

and the swimming in gta4 is bad

idk who the hell picked the soundtrack, cuz the music in the game is god awful. 18 radio stations i would have thought i would recognize a few songs considering its in present day. nope. not one song i recognize. and the songs arent even that good

the driving is bad. you spin out way too easily and when you brake it takes like 5 minutes to come to a complete stop. its hard as hell to turn corners and due to the horrible driving system, the high speed chases arent even fun since you constantly spin out.

this is probably just me, but i dont understand the storyline if there even is one. so niko was lied to. his cousin is in debt. ok, so what?

theres only about 15 weapons? wtf? san andreas had so many, and this one has like none. barely any malee (sorry about the spelling) weapons.

and the missions give you so much money, yet theres nothing to spend it on since you cant buy property.

no planes, no bicycles, no cops on motorbikes

i also noticed that you can barely go into any buildings at all.

basically, the only good things about the game are the graphics and effects. i expected a lot more from this game than what we got.

once again, if you disagree, thats fine. but dont sit there and bitch me out for it. just tell me you disagree and why. and i bet no one will consider that anyways but whatever

i read numerous reviews that said we could drive around for like a year and still not find every single thing you can do. how is this true?

There's random characters you can do missions for on the streets, look around. There's also the stunt jumps, pidgins, and other random occurances.

san andreas had such cool amazing features, and none of them returned in IV except eating, swimming and dating

How? There are many different buildings you can go into, such as bowling alleys, clubs, gun stores, and random buildings too. And lol wut at you saying the only features from San Andreas that returned are eating, swimming, and dating. I'm pretty sure that climbing walls, advanced targeting (seeing your enemy's health), buying clothes, etc...were all features introduced in San Andreas that made it over. And if by "the swimming in gta4 is bad," you mean "you can't dive underwater like in San Andreas," that's because the ratio of land to water in Liberty City is pretty high, there's no need to be able to dive.

idk who the hell picked the soundtrack, cuz the music in the game is god awful. 18 radio stations i would have thought i would recognize a few songs considering its in present day. nope. not one song i recognize. and the songs arent even that good

The same people who have picked the soundtrack for every other GTA game: Lazlow and Craig Connor. Yes, most current music sucks. That's what you have to deal with. But there are many good songs, IMO, especially on Liberty Rock, Radio Broker, Electrochoc, The Journey...pretty much every radio station is at least tolerable. But seriously, Steveie Nicks? Heart? Joe Walsh? Those are all artists featured on Liberty Rock Radio and the songs by them are all damn good too.

the driving is bad. you spin out way too easily and when you brake it takes like 5 minutes to come to a complete stop. its hard as hell to turn corners and due to the horrible driving system, the high speed chases arent even fun since you constantly spin out.

Use the handbrake and you'll be fine. Yes it is pretty different and I agree that the breaks are far too weak and the bike handling especially needs work but if you slow down and think ahead, you won't spin out, especially in the nicer cars.

this is probably just me, but i dont understand the storyline if there even is one. so niko was lied to. his cousin is in debt. ok, so what?

No, he was betrayed when he was fighting in the war in his home country, so he was trying to find the man who betrayed him. Roman's debt is really more of a side-story that doesn't dramatically affect the game, although there are missions that revolve around this.

theres only about 15 weapons? wtf? san andreas had so many, and this one has like none. barely any malee (sorry about the spelling) weapons.

I do agree, I would have really liked to see the minigun, the homing rocket launcher, the flamethrower, and more melee (Firefox has a spell-checker) weapons.

Would take about 5 seconds to fly over in a plane and cops don't really use bikes in NYC IIRC. However, I would have liked to see bicycles too.

We will just have to wait for the expansion. The thing about 3 was that nobody really had big expectations for it, and it came at a great time of innovation. 2d to 3d? theres nothing that really amounts to that in videogames. But 4 has had SO much hype and expectations that people are way too disappointed with a game that is still, just a game. Its not jesus christ, it cannot walk on water, and it doesnt have everything perfect yet. The new system is still fresh and we cant expect too much. Just enjoy the game now and wait for the new one. Think of the difference between 3 and Vice City. 4 and Lice city?

We will just have to wait for the expansion. The thing about 3 was that nobody really had big expectations for it, and it came at a great time of innovation. 2d to 3d? theres nothing that really amounts to that in videogames. But 4 has had SO much hype and expectations that people are way too disappointed with a game that is still, just a game. Its not jesus christ, it cannot walk on water, and it doesnt have everything perfect yet. The new system is still fresh and we cant expect too much. Just enjoy the game now and wait for the new one. Think of the difference between 3 and Vice City. 4 and Lice city?

VERY, VERY true

however, you may laugh at this, but i liked 3 a lot better than vice city

but that doesnt mean i'll like 4 better than the next one

I think the game is 89% crap ! the story has a good plot but too short & boring.The driving/graphics are cool thats the only big up in the game !

you do not want to see it this way but it is a gameplay downgrade it (in my opinion)is lesser to saintsrow and gtasa.

:pissedred:

I think the game was great. Even though some things wasn't like I expected, the multiplayer for an example. It wasn't as great as I thought. But I only tryed it for an hour when there were few people online. The graphic and sounds are awesome good. The storyline is the best I've ever seen in any game, I have had some problems to keep up with the storyline in most game, but in IV it's easy. But some missions are way to easy. The story is great based on Niko's life etc. As most reviewers said, the story could been in an movie. Some bugs, more than I thought it would be, but we have to count with that in any game. But all in all I think it's one of the best games I've played. So the game is 93% good in my opinion.

the story has a good plot but too short & boring.

yes

the story was extremely boring

when i was playing the missions, i was in shock cuz usually theyre quite fun, but in 4 theres only a few missions, like the museum and bank robbery, that i actually enjoyed.

and san andreas was a nice long game but 4 is like...im guessing a tad bit longer than LCS?

I would have thought more people loved the game, but reading from your comments, more people seem dissapointed. i thought almost everything about the game was perfect, except for a few flaws, like when you stand on a car and it starts moving, niko seems to lose all control of his limbs, and kind of slides off the car.

as for the new walking and driving physics, i LOVE them. they are way more realistic than previous gtas, and in my opinion is a huge step up. you only spin out if your accelerating as much as you can. you just have to learn to control the car, and let go of the gas when you see a turn comming up. start accelerating at the climax (much the same as real life), and you should be able to grip the road just fine.

i say, great job overall Rockstar! i would probably rate this game a 97/100, the other 3% being for the minor flaws. :thumbsup:

Edited by gtaraider

Have you never heard of Bob Marley? Wow.

As for breaking, burning out, and power sliding with the cars, you need to use L2 in conjunction with X (playstation 3). First press and hold L2, and as your approaching your turn, press X and direct your car depending on which way the turn is. Let go of X while you are still sliding around the turn but continue to hold L2 so it keeps the car stable. It's hard to explain.

Holy shit you people are so unappreciative. Complaining that the driving is different? I like it better, myself, after getting use to it. So the driving is harder. Practice? The difference makes a challenge which in turn improves your skill.

Can't comment on the storyline, I haven't actually played the story, but it looks promising so far to me?

There's plenty you can do, but you're probably use to things being handed to you a lot easier. You actually have to search and find things for yourself. The game has only been out for 7 days and you're complaining that there isn't enough to do? There's no way in hell there's nothing left to do.

What all did they lie about? The only thing in your post I see remotely related to a lie was reviewers giving their own opinion about their experiences on the game. And that isn't Rockstar lying, that's reviewers.

They improved a lot of features from San Andreas, such as the wall climbing. Fighting is a little harder, and rather bothersome, so I just avoid that.

Everyone ragging on random pointless things are forgetting how much detail went into the game.

Maybe that's the problem, it's so much different from the GTAs we are use to, that a lot of people are finding reasons to reject it and flaw it. Just play it and enjoy yourself. Let go of expectations and be happy with what they did for us.

this is how i truely feel about gta4

these are my opinions, please dont chew me out for them, cuz that gets quite annoying after a while, im not posting this to persuade people, im just posting my opinion

to be honest, i think the game was a big disappointment. they lied about a lot of things and it made the game sound better than it actually is. san andreas was better

i read numerous reviews that said we could drive around for like a year and still not find every single thing you can do. how is this true? there really isnt anything you can do besides shoot people, drive, and do missions. i havent found one cool thing to do that wasnt in the other games. i mean the strip clubs and comedy clubs are cool yeah. but that doesnt take a year to figure out.

and the missions give you so much money, yet theres nothing to spend it on since you cant buy property.

i also noticed that you can barely go into any buildings at all.

basically, the only good things about the game are the graphics and effects. i expected a lot more from this game than what we got.

once again, if you disagree, thats fine. but dont sit there and bitch me out for it. just tell me you disagree and why. and i bet no one will consider that anyways but whatever

Absolutely spot on! there are not half the things that were in San Andreas, what we have gained in graphics we have lost in game-play, sad really because it could have been a hell of a lot better.

the story has a good plot but too short & boring.

yes

the story was extremely boring

when i was playing the missions, i was in shock cuz usually theyre quite fun, but in 4 theres only a few missions, like the museum and bank robbery, that i actually enjoyed.

and san andreas was a nice long game but 4 is like...im guessing a tad bit longer than LCS?

lolwut? GTA IV is the longest GTA, I don't know what you're talking about.

i appreciate all of you responding to my opinions in civil ways

thanks for that

no, san andreas was a lot longer than 4

and idk

i personally think the gta4 missions were boring

the only cool ones were the museum one, bank robbery and the interview at the chrysler building

i think i already said that though

SA being longer is a fact

all you need to do is count the number of missions

It's an OPEN-ENDED sandbox game Mr. Fact. It was designed to be played missions or not.

I still boot up Vice City and play it. That makes it the longest game of the entire series to me.

Fact.

Therefore San Andreas could be longer than IV, depending who's playing. Just... shut up trying to make arguments and then ending up destroying them yourself.

Boy, you guys are comparing GTA IV to San Andreas WAY too much. From what I've seen from real gameplay and mission videos and comments, it does seem like a tuned version of GTA III with roughly the same amount of weapons but better in every other aspect. If I played it, I could say it's easily better than San Andreas or any other GTA (pending with Vice City) but in the end, trying to compare it to San Andreas is just stupid. Play it and stop complaining.

Edited by Rashon.