Insalling mods

Didn't you post elsewhere with this question? I believe you have a "copy" of the game, if your still having issues, it might just be that not everything thats meant to be on the game disk copied to the copy. You can buy this game for $10.00 at Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City.

If you aren't the same person (I know that I have seen your name, just can't remember your post), then you just might have deleted/altered the game data in some way. If you tried installing a modd you should have made a back-up of original, if you have just replace that with the one you have altered. If you didn't make a back-up then you'll need to un-install the game - reinstall. Make a back-up of most important file (zip for space), if you have a lot of HD space make a back-up of the whole folder in C/:Programs/Rockstar..., then make a back of the files that you plan to alter (this is not the original files that you would have backed-up), every modd you install (and leave in the game) will effect the files in the game. So its important to back-up files as you go (kinda like undo) for each modd, that way you easily return the game to a point that worked just fine.

Sorry this seems long, I just can't stress enough how important these steps are. If you have a good copy (burned or otherwise) there isn't any reason V1 patch won't work unless you have some other conflict - such PC hardware.

If you think most of what I have just typed doesn't apply to you, then reply what does and we'll go from there.

Edited by smstevenms