Im sad.... Because of the ending

I pretty much got into the story as I started taking people out as friends or on dates. At first I didn't understand what made Niko tick but the story was slowly played out by the dialoge between characters as you drive people around. It was really a good story and for people that just bum rush the missions they are going to miss out on it. As I started to understand Niko more and more it make me want to play him as I thought he really would act. The war had hardened him and make him capable of inhuman acts but inside he wanted something more. He also wanted revenge for the betrayal in his past. As for dating I went out with Mallory a few times because at the start I wanted to see what all would happen but after that the only person I dated in the game was Kate. I wanted to see what would become of them in the story line. As it played out I could see that Roman and Kate were falling in love with each other. If you play it that way there are lines in the story that let you know that. I never saw it as a thing of conquering Kate. I wanted to see if R* would really put in a serious relationship instead of the usually wham bam thankyoumaam relationships the main charactes usually have in the games. Even Packie starts making comments to Niko about seeing something between Niko and his sister.

As the game nears its' end I enjoyed the fact they gave you the choice to basically choose whether you would take the money and go with Roman and riches or cut off the past and move forward with Kate. Roman had already proposed and had his future bride in hand so that part was taking care of itself. He would be happy even without the money. Roman even says so over the phone after Niko kills Dimitri. Then Kate actually accepts Niko as a serious relationship and Niko says he will take care of her and that was really exciting to me. So I spend most of the game fostering this relationship between the two being careful about dates and doing them just right, wearing the clothes Kate likes, not doing anything to hurt the relationship. And in the end when she got killed it really made me sad. In the way I played, Niko had done a lot to make his life better. He even let the guy go that he so badly wanted to kill for revenge. That guy was going to suffer more by living than he ever would with a bullet in his head. Besides that, it was time to move on, to let the past go. But Kate's death just put him right back where he started, living in the past, dealing with more pain. I would really hate to be Niko. I felt sorry for him more than ever.

I'm sure it seems stupid to some to get so into a game but that's what makes it fun for me. It really was a good story. Too bad so many won't ever experience that part of it. If you don't date or go out with friends on a regular basis a lot of the main story plot goes totally unnoticed. I'm sure that's why I see people saying that the story has no depth. It does, they just missed it in their rush to 100%.

The ending is like a soap opera ending, XD lol , no, im just kidding, i liked the ending very real life stuff, not everything roses, but anywhay . GREAT STORYLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pretty much got into the story as I started taking people out as friends or on dates. At first I didn't understand what made Niko tick but the story was slowly played out by the dialoge between characters as you drive people around. It was really a good story and for people that just bum rush the missions they are going to miss out on it. As I started to understand Niko more and more it make me want to play him as I thought he really would act. The war had hardened him and make him capable of inhuman acts but inside he wanted something more. He also wanted revenge for the betrayal in his past. As for dating I went out with Mallory a few times because at the start I wanted to see what all would happen but after that the only person I dated in the game was Kate. I wanted to see what would become of them in the story line. As it played out I could see that Roman and Kate were falling in love with each other. If you play it that way there are lines in the story that let you know that. I never saw it as a thing of conquering Kate. I wanted to see if R* would really put in a serious relationship instead of the usually wham bam thankyoumaam relationships the main charactes usually have in the games. Even Packie starts making comments to Niko about seeing something between Niko and his sister.

As the game nears its' end I enjoyed the fact they gave you the choice to basically choose whether you would take the money and go with Roman and riches or cut off the past and move forward with Kate. Roman had already proposed and had his future bride in hand so that part was taking care of itself. He would be happy even without the money. Roman even says so over the phone after Niko kills Dimitri. Then Kate actually accepts Niko as a serious relationship and Niko says he will take care of her and that was really exciting to me. So I spend most of the game fostering this relationship between the two being careful about dates and doing them just right, wearing the clothes Kate likes, not doing anything to hurt the relationship. And in the end when she got killed it really made me sad. In the way I played, Niko had done a lot to make his life better. He even let the guy go that he so badly wanted to kill for revenge. That guy was going to suffer more by living than he ever would with a bullet in his head. Besides that, it was time to move on, to let the past go. But Kate's death just put him right back where he started, living in the past, dealing with more pain. I would really hate to be Niko. I felt sorry for him more than ever.

I'm sure it seems stupid to some to get so into a game but that's what makes it fun for me. It really was a good story. Too bad so many won't ever experience that part of it. If you don't date or go out with friends on a regular basis a lot of the main story plot goes totally unnoticed. I'm sure that's why I see people saying that the story has no depth. It does, they just missed it in their rush to 100%.

I thought i was the only one that get into deep into a game, But for me its more fun like that , to enjoy everything in the game!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I chose the revenge ending, and the thing that made the ending so unsatisfying for me was that it was a big chase after Pegarino. Pegarino didn't come into the game until late into the storyline, and he was never viewed as a "bad guy" until the last mission. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna have to kill him, but I never thought that it would be the final mission.

I'll try to see the deal ending tonight. Hopefully killing Dmitri as a finale will be better (as apposed to killing him in just a regular mission, like you do in the revenge ending).

I get into games like that but besides this game (from what i hear though i have never played) from just that makes it seem like one of those few games i could really get into

I've done both, revenge first because Dimitri is just a back stabbing little weasel & offended me before I moved to

Bohan.

Both endings have the same effect on you in that

Dimitri & Pegerino die

& you lose someone close

to Niko, I almost expect DLC to start off w/ a phonecall saying

Kate/Roman was revived

& Niko goes after the remains

of Dimitri/Pegerino's

operation (speculation).

You just spoiled yourself somethin... Well anyways

Mallorie is a fuckin bitch cuz it turns out that shes a fuckin cop. Her name isnt even Mallorie

Kate is actually cool but damn...

Dude its Michelle not Mallorie. Mallorie is Roman's wife, I think ur cousin would be better off with ending number 2 if u wana hit that shit :P

Personally, I loved the ending.

It progressively got closer to this in all the games.

In 3 Cat died, in VC that fat guy who was supposed to be the son from reservoir dogs died and Phil blew his arm off, in SA you kill Smoke and Ryder and Sweet gets pwned.

Finally a good ending that makes me feel like this is actually a movie played by me, not a game with a 3rd grade literature project taped onto it.

• 2 weeks later...

it is pretty retarded that whoevers advice you take thats who dies

I chose the revenge ending, and the thing that made the ending so unsatisfying for me was that it was a big chase after Pegarino. Pegarino didn't come into the game until late into the storyline, and he was never viewed as a "bad guy" until the last mission. I knew that sooner or later I was gonna have to kill him, but I never thought that it would be the final mission.

I'll try to see the deal ending tonight. Hopefully killing Dmitri as a finale will be better (as apposed to killing him in just a regular mission, like you do in the revenge ending).

I agree. It doesnt feel like much closure when you kill peg at the end because he wasnt the main antagonist throughout the game like Dimitri. Or like Sonny Forelli or Catalina in other games. The game is supposed to lead up to you killing the person who has been the bad guy all game long or at least for the majority of it in the final mission. I did both and found doing the deal and killing Dimitri made for a much more satisfying ending. It just sucks that Roman has to die for that to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

but at the same time when niko finally finds the woman he wants to be with she is taken away, either her choice, from deal or dying , hell it was me i would feel the same way, losing someone when you finally find that she is the one you want to be with, how would that make anyone feel???

Edited by jdpsp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was a bit disappointed at the ending.....I was thinking to myself "wow, I did all that work for this?"

The Deal ending is so crap, first Roman dies, so no cuz or free taxi. After the credits Kate calls all sorry and offers niko a shoulder to cry on so when u go to actualy call her she never comes to the phone.