modding gta iv

anyone looked into the .img files for the xbox360 yet?..... or if anyone could give me any info on the structure of these files. im new to the gta scene but i know people have managed to edit the .img files in san andreas.

any info would be great. im just looking for a starting point

thanks

Edited by maindude

anyone looked into the .img files for the xbox360 yet?..... or if anyone could give me any info on the structure of these files. im new to the gta scene but i know people have managed to edit the .img files in san andreas.

any info would be great. im just looking for a starting point

thanks

I dunno, but it would be rawther hard to do, judging from the fact that you're modding a console game...

How could the PS2 handle PS3 graphics, or X-Box handle X-Box 360 graphics?

the game engines will be different graphics wise, extracting parts of the game and injecting them into an older version will only mean the cars / weapons ect. will look less detailed, it just means youll be looking at them through the fog of older graphical technology.

No it is not illegal, you can burn copys of any game you want. You may think it is illegal because you see the "don't make illegal copies of this disc" note on 360 discs but illegal means ones that you intend to pass on or sell for profit. Making copys for yourself, be it for back-up or modding purposes is perfectley legal. Back on track, i personally would wait for the pc release, it would be alot easier and probably isn't even that far off.