No Vigilante / taxi missions?

Hey all.. I'm a new GTA fan (aren't we all that are here, right??) - Buying GTA IV this weekend drove me to post here about it.

Are there no vigilante, taxi (other than taxi missions from your cousin), or firefighting/paramedic missions? I really hope they are just something that have to be unlocked later in the game, because I'm one of those nuts who mainly played the games in the past just to be a cop/vigilante... :( Major bummer if it's not included..

Hello Rooster, welcome to TGTAP, enjoy your stay here :)

To answer your question.. Vigilante missions are in the game, but as far as I know only in police vehicle, not for firefighter or paramedic. The taxi missions, ain't available other than the ones for Roman of course. I also liked playing as a cop in the GTA games, but there is plenty of other things to do in IV, so that should fill up the room for disapointment. :)

There are Vigalante missions. You have to hack into a police cars computer to use the missions. But you wont go through levels. And for taxi missions you have to go to a sertain point on the storyline missions with Roman to achieve taxi missions. You would only use Romans cabs, to do it you have to use your phone go to contacts select roman and go to taxi mission.

Edited by Husky