Sign in to follow this  
DANNYELL

Protect you XBOX360

HI:

well i start this topic beacause, for the people who have 360, give diferent opinions, on how to prevent the "red ring of death"

my xbox is working verywell , never had problem's m but i would like to know and others to know how to protec it, so if you know some tips , thanks.

First off, welcome & enjoy. If you haven't already, take a minute to read the rules & check out the layout of the site.

For my X360, I have a shelf cleared off & bottle caps (like 20 oz. Coke or 2-liter) under each corner for airflow.

I also added an auxiliary cooling fan added. The AF is a little noisy for the first couple minutes & sometimes it keeps

running when I shut the console down. Unplugging the controller usually stops this. The shelf it's on is near an exterior

window w/ a fan blowing out.

As I understand, X360s made after Sept. 07 are supposed to have the upgrades built in to prevent RROD.

HI:

well i start this topic beacause, for the people who have 360, give diferent opinions, on how to prevent the "red ring of death"

my xbox is working verywell , never had problem's m but i would like to know and others to know how to protec it, so if you know some tips , thanks.

Keep it in the box it came in, never turn it on. Mine was purchased in Sept. '07 and just yesterday went RROD. Less than one year old. Crap, I tell ya.

I followed all suggested precautions, kept it cool, etc......crap.

Edited by hiispy4u