Armed Siege in London

Thomas.

An armed siege what recently happened earlier today in the Chelsea district of London City between the Metropolitan Police and some gunmen. At 21:45 BST (Less than 1 hour ago) a few explosions were heard, they were thought to be Stun Grenades but they were blasts.

Full Story:

A gunman involved in a shoot-out with police in south-west London has been shot dead.

The man fired three times at police officers at a property in Chelsea, who returned fire during the incident, which began at about 1700 BST.

At about 2145 BST four explosions, thought to be stun grenades, were heard.

Shortly after that paramedics were seen taking a stretcher into the house in Markham Square.

The BBC's crime correspondent Ben Ando said the incident had ended.

The gunman first shot at police in Chelsea as officers investigated an incident where shots were fired into a child's bedroom.

The gunman opened fire at 1700 BST, again at 2100 BST and then at about 2130 BST. On all occasions officers returned fire.

Some eyewitnesses reported seeing the sky light up with green flashes at the same time as the explosions and others heard glass breaking which suggests they might have been caused by a stun grenade.

The incident is near King's Road which has been closed and large areas are cordoned off.

Police responded after people reported gun shots being fired near the King's Road on Tuesday afternoon.

Continued here.

Courtesy of BBC.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
I thought bristish police didnt had guns

Normal police officers dont (though i think they carry stun guns now), but we do have armed police units, who get called out to more serious crimes such as shootings, armed robbery, terrorist activity ect.

Edited by Sean.

I thought bristish police didnt had guns

Generally only in London, they have done for quite a few years now.

maybe the british are more civilized

No it's just that guns aren't sold here (generally) so there isn't a big problem like in America where they stupidly allow people to buy guns which is why loads of people get shot over there all the time. The deadliest weapon you'll come across in England is some sort of knife, barely anyone carries a gun, just the hardcore gangsters really.

This is fucking mental though, I mean it actually sounds like he shot shit up for no reason whatsoever. Glad the police shot and killed him - it's awesome to hear this as it means the gene pool is -1 of the fucking idiots :)

Lets say that you are more than likely to be killed by a kitchen knife (Yep, that is mainly what people use over here - Tesco sell them cheap (That's just a guess)) in the UK rather than in the US. However, your more likely to be killed by a gun in the US than you are in the UK. Air Rifles are the most common type of gun over here and are less severe but they have been known to kill as we found out a few years ago. Air Rifles have plastic bullets what sting (someone told me) when your hit with one.

I think stun batons are used for crowd control along with fire Trucks (water Hoses). These are actually very common although in the recent Manchester riot it didn't happen (It happened when Rangers F.C. lost their game against St. Petersburg in Manchester).

Air Rifles have plastic bullets what sting (someone told me) when your hit with one.

I think your thinking of bb guns, they use plastic pellets but are pretty much harmless. Proper air rifles use lead pellets, which can easily penetrate flesh (which is why they are often used for hunting), so yeah they could kill a person if shot in the right place. And anyone over the age of 18 can buy an air rifle, without needing a license. But its very rare to hear of air rifles being used for crime, so i guess thats why the laws are more relaxed.

On topic: I just found out that the gunman was a lawyer, so now we can hit back at Jack Thompson and say "being a lawyer makes you violent, BAN LAWYERS!!". :D

Edited by Sean.

Good one Sean, full point.

When someone is bent on killing another, a firearm is just a convenience. If one's not available they just use what is like

a blade, a car or even fire.

Nepolean was extremely paranoid of air rifles & had standing orders to execute soldiers caught w/ them. Even 200 years

ago they could fire a .44 caliber bullet around 1000 feet per second & 20 times a minute. Range & impact were comparable

to black powder weapons of the time. They were also much quieter.

More here -

http://air_guns.tripod.com/air_gun_history.htm

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Lets say that you are more than likely to be killed by a kitchen knife (Yep, that is mainly what people use over here - Tesco sell them cheap (That's just a guess)) in the UK rather than in the US. However, your more likely to be killed by a gun in the US than you are in the UK. Air Rifles are the most common type of gun over here and are less severe but they have been known to kill as we found out a few years ago. Air Rifles have plastic bullets what sting (someone told me) when your hit with one.

You can get metal ones but they can kill. I have metal ones of course lol