Social Life

rockstarrem

I got a good group of friends who ive known since Year 8.

Hard to make new friends when your older imo, So i just stick with people ive known for a while.

As for a Lady Friend, Currently dont got one. Broke up with my last one about, 5 months ago or something. With School and everything its hard to find time anyway.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of people around the forums base stuff off of their social lives, making fun of people for it as well. "omg y dont u go out n get a gurl or ur so gay", shit like that pisses me off.

Let me get something straight here, I don't have a personal life really and it isn't my fault (I don't think at least), I have severe social anxiety because of traumatic experiences when I was a kid. They're not as bad as you think but let's just say I've met some assholes in my life.

Now, I'm just wondering, who here has a good social life? And who here bases this forum off of a social life, e.g. making fun of peoples social lives.

Not to be an ass but yeah, it is your fault.

I have anxiety disorder. I couldn't even walk outside of my house without getting one and I had to quit my job at the time (I was 16). I spent my entire summer vacation in my house and my dad would buy me DVDs to watch so I had something to do.

Eventually, it pissed me off and I didn't want to live that way so I did something about it. I faced my fears and I am here 8 years later, still have anxiety disorder, but never get an attack. I can even go to the mall now. I wasn't able to before. It was the WORST place I could go.

If you don't like something, it's up to you to change it. I know what anxiety feels like and it sucks.....a lot. You just have to try really hard to get over it. Now, I have a husband, a fantastic job and great friends. I go wherever I want to go and not worry about getting a panic attack and having to go to the hospital.

It will take time but good luck.

Now, I'm just wondering, who here has a good social life? And who here bases this forum off of a social life, e.g. making fun of peoples social lives.

I have a good social life apparently. I dont go insulting peoples social lives over things like forums, I just find it amusing when people on the losing side of an online game say "You have no life", and usually retaliate with various vulgar terms.

Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of people around the forums base stuff off of their social lives, making fun of people for it as well. "omg y dont u go out n get a gurl or ur so gay", shit like that pisses me off.

Let me get something straight here, I don't have a personal life really and it isn't my fault (I don't think at least), I have severe social anxiety because of traumatic experiences when I was a kid. They're not as bad as you think but let's just say I've met some assholes in my life.

Not to be an ass but yeah, it is your fault.

I have anxiety disorder. I couldn't even walk outside of my house without getting one and I had to quit my job at the time (I was 16). I spent my entire summer vacation in my house and my dad would buy me DVDs to watch so I had something to do.

Eventually, it pissed me off and I didn't want to live that way so I did something about it. I faced my fears and I am here 8 years later, still have anxiety disorder, but never get an attack. I can even go to the mall now. I wasn't able to before. It was the WORST place I could go.

If you don't like something, it's up to you to change it. I know what anxiety feels like and it sucks.....a lot. You just have to try really hard to get over it. Now, I have a husband, a fantastic job and great friends. I go wherever I want to go and not worry about getting a panic attack and having to go to the hospital.

It will take time but good luck.

Explain how that makes it my fault though? I see what your saying about facing fears but have no idea where your coming from in terms of having social anxiety is my fault.

And you say it pissed you off... that's my life though. I try and do something about it all the time but I've just given up now. I started off with walking into a store with a few people to walking into a store with a lot of people, etc. Where theres people, there are assholes, I've just came to that conclusion and can't get off of it.

Edit: and yeah I realized that I'm a "conclusion" based person, like, I know I'm ugly etc so I just stick with it and can't change my mind. I don't know it's really hard to explain and to be honest I usually feel comfortable talking about it but I realize when I'm going into more detail like this it gets kind of hard.

• 1 month later...

I've got a small group of friends, but I'm extremely content with that. I'm pretty much friendly with everyone though, so I don't mean my small group of friends are the "geeks" or something..

I'm aware I spend a lot of time on the computer, or just in the house doing nothing.. which might bring me away from real life conversing but I'm fine with that. Still, I go out a lot, with people. Illegal activities, having fun, being a kid, ect.

Realistically I have a good social life. I also like my social life because I like a group based on only a few people, but everyone knows eachother very well and are considered family to eachother.. and that's exactly how all of my friends are.

I think the only thing that could make it better would be a stable girlfriend... but I'm unable to see the girl I like.

Edited by Nate14

• 2 months later...
most of the people in my neighborhood are skinny people who can eat almost anything and I hate most of them

:D I could fit right in with the people of your neighborhood! Where in the world do you live? I've always felt like a freak of nature because most people are the direct opposite of this.

Anybody else have social problems?

I have Triple-X syndrome, which is a genetic disorder. I have 47 chromosomes instead of the usual 46, that extra chromosome being an extra X. The politically incorrect term is "Superfemale," which I think sounds strange because it makes me think of superheroes. Superheroes us ladies are not. Anyway, social impairment is among the symptoms. That's not to say I'm shy. Matter of fact, I've never been able to fully wrap my mind around shyness. At times, I can be overly extroverted to the point of irritating. But there is a clear difference between being social and having social skills. I'm stupidly blunt without meaning to be, and often unaware of how I come across. I have plenty of friends and do have a social life, but ask any one of my friends about me and they'll tell you I'm a strange one.

my social life is great

im loud...really talkative and usually hypo

When i meet new ppl....they are usually quiet so im trying to make a convo but they just dont really say anything grrr

I sometimes go out with friends...but mostly cbf

At school i have about 6 friend groups that i can hang out with....therefore if i piss one group off...i can just go to another group :P

These are the groups that i have:

1. The group that i usually hang out with. (7 ppl including me)

2. The next group....this one has about 10 ppl in it or even more hehe

3. The next group has about 7 guys and 1 chick

4. This group is all asians that im actually friends with...its about 5 guys and 5 girls...(all asian)

5. The next group is all sporty ppl.....5 guys including me

6. This group is the what ppl call "popular group"....its about 8 guys and 8 girls.

i personally dont like them....but they have nothing really against me (hehe) but they are all sluts lol

well my social life is very good and i have tons of friends

Well right now my social life is kind of crap. Meh.

I'm in college which is pretty good, I always tend to socialize with my college mates, but it's not the same as it was back in school. I mean I'm always in contact with my old school mates on MSN, and sometimes along the phone If I have their mobile number, but whenever I'm free (e.g. like right now) there either at college or their working on their coursework which sucks for me cause I got really no one to hang out with.

Right now at this time of period, I also haven't seen any of my main friends, the one's I especially hang out with. But luck has it that there's a presentation tea going on at my school on 31st October where I have to collect my certificates. So possibly I'll be seeing most of my friends there if they come (Plus I might see my hot French teacher (:).

But right now, I'm kind of bored. Social Life sucks right now for me at this period, but should get better by next year, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...