GTA IV v1.01 patch for PS3 arrives

Chris

After debunking several rumours posted on our forums in the last few days, an official patch is now actually here for PS3 owners. Just a heads-up for next time you're online and start up GTA IV - you'll be prompted to download the v1.01 update, which is 18MB in size.

Rockstar Games has released a GTA IV patch for Playstation 3 today that prevents GameSpy’s servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up. We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible. This update will ensure that everyone will experience Grand Theft Auto IV the way it was intended. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Also, no word on a patch for Xbox 360 gamers yet, we'll keep you updated if we find out anything though.

A patch for the 360? I thought the 360 was relativity glitch-free.

glitch-free... lol u must be kidding every single game has glitches and look at Metacritic, actually the ps3 version has some adventage over the 360 version for now

Does the patch do anything besides fix the server issue?

RELATED TOPIC:

I'm on X360 & when I get into ranked matches I can't adjust any of the settings like time, map or any other options

(even when the crown appears next to my name in the PLAYERS list, supposedly indicating that I'm hosting the game).

Are any of the other X360 players having this problem? Have the PS3 players run into this?

Edited by Urbanoutlaw