Would you buy a PS3 for GTA IV ?

Would you buy a PS3 to play GTAIV  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a PS3 to play GTAIV

• Yes
    • No

what do you mean with that?

it has been confirmed that the same DLC will come for PS3 after the xbox release

No, it's not. Any exclusive DLC the PS3 version's gonna get is probably only gonna be for HOME. It hasn't been confirmed in any way that the PS3 version will ever get the two episodic packs for the 360. I would like a link to wherever you got your information, because it's more than likely bullshit written by some hopeful fanboy.

GTA 4 get it now or get fucked!!!!!!!!!

Personlly i would say ps3 is the best it

1.lasts longer

2.looks better

3.doesn't crash

4.is a classic

5.GTA 4 is bloody worth it OMG!!! holy shit don't let it go chase it yaaaaaa!

[/center]

1. Depends solely on how responsible an owner you are.

2. Opinion.

3. Remember how the 40GB version was crashing before the update?

4. The N64 is a classic. The PS3, however, is not a classic. It's only been out for a year and a half. It doesn't deserve to be called a classic, and neither does the 360.

5. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's pointless to buy a console for ONE game.

1.lasts longer

2.looks better

3.doesn't crash

4.is a classic

[/center]

1. Depends solely on how responsible an owner you are.

2. Opinion.

3. Remember how the 40GB version was crashing before the update?

4. The N64 is a classic. The PS3, however, is not a classic. It's only been out for a year and a half. It doesn't deserve to be called a classic, and neither does the 360.

5. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's pointless to buy a console for ONE game.

Fuck you!!!!!!

Classic as in the same as other similar consoles fuck you

How is PS3 Classic? It's not even that old. You would call PSX and N64 classic, but consoles that have just recently been released aren't classified as classic. The 40GB version of the PS3 crashed, so how can you say that it doesn't crash.

Your post is completely full of fanboism.

what do you mean with that?

it has been confirmed that the same DLC will come for PS3 after the xbox release

No, it's not. Any exclusive DLC the PS3 version's gonna get is probably only gonna be for HOME. It hasn't been confirmed in any way that the PS3 version will ever get the two episodic packs for the 360. I would like a link to wherever you got your information, because it's more than likely bullshit written by some hopeful fanboy.

arh crap. your right. sorry about that.

just read that the PS3 would eventualy get the DLC so i figured it would also get the packs

Edited by frontier

The PS3 is amazing. It feels so luxurious... the best console I have ever played on.

And for those people who will try to talk you into X-Box 360, get the console that will last longer (PS3).

But hey more people play X-Box 360. You need to decide what you want, better graphics, or more people. And I am not saying theres never anyone online for PS3 because theres always tons of people.

The thing is plastic, how can that ever feel luxurious?

I don't have any of the two consoles. Instead, I went for PC. I've played GTA IV on the PS3 (haven't tried it out on the 360 yet) and it once again struck me how annoying the triggers are. I like the 360 gamepad much more. Feels more natural in my opinion.

Lol, I hate how people are always bashing the 360 for the reliability, I mean if you get the Elite version and don't let it overheat then you should have no problem.

It's absolutely shitty that MS came up with a console that overheats (console it self is great though.) If I'm not mistaken the Elite version uses another mobo and has a shrunk CPU what should make it run cooler though.

BOLD: That happens in the 360 aswell, in thw whole next gen ;)

DOWN WITH THE NEXT GEN

I'm sort of sick of this next gen bullshit. It's just a new colsole with more power than the previous generation. We weren't calling the PS2 and Xbox next gen. Why call these consoles next gen then?

the elite is now Hd compatibel, and the PS3 will sooner or later get the DLC that the Xbox gets.

360 - 720p. PS3 - 1080i.

A normal Xbox just doesn't get the cabled for HD with it. Doesn't mean it can't produce HD content.

well if you want the ultimate game experience and the best online option you should get a decent pc. Although you won't get a superkickass pc for the price of ps3/360 you will however get one that is alot better than both. Now i recently got a 360 as i cannot be bothered to wait for pc release and want the exclusive content. (btw ps3 will not get content, if it does it wont be same, and by time it does get any if it does chances are pc version will be out hence modding will have begun and no one will really care too much). By the way when i say ultimate game experience i mean for all games in general not just for gta 4. and i totally agree with what people have been saying if you look after your 360 it will not break.

1-You can hardly get a PC for the price of a 360. You'll need to tripple the amount. And PS3 times 4 for high-end.

2- Knowing MS, they'll try getting exclusive content for Vista only or something like that.

3- Platform games don't like PC. Consoles are the best for that.

Source?

1.lasts longer

2.looks better

3.doesn't crash

4.is a classic

1- No idea..

2- I guess

3- None of the consoles crash, they freeze. And the PS3 had and maybe still has more problems with GTA IV than the 360.

4- Like Ric said, how can a 1,5 year old console be classic? Other then that, it's not even an argument to buy a console for.

5- GTA IV's gameplay didn't really strike me to be honest. Sure, it's very nice and stuff and a great game. But wasn't anything revolutionary. Just a very good game, that's all. For reviews, there is no difference between a 9,5 and a 10. There is no game without flaws.

Fuck you!!!!!!

Doesn't make sense. Clarify.

Anyway, I don't think buying a console just for IV is worth it. Never the less, I've actually thought of buying the PS3 + GTA IV bundle pack because then I'll have a blu-ray player in my room and the chances are that I'll buy it pretty soon. To think of it, if I do I'll get it without IV. I want a PC version, not a console one.

1.lasts longer

2.looks better

3.doesn't crash

4.is a classic

[/center]

1. Depends how you handle it

2. That I can agree on

3. None of the consoles crash, if fact I have seen in many topics that the 40GB version was having a few problems before the update

4. Classic... Super Nintendo is a classic

5. Like L-Ric said, its pointless to get a console for one game. For me most the games I like are on the 360 and I love X-Box live .PS3 does have a few games I that enjoy

Fuck you!!!!!!

Wow, a little pissed off because L-Ric pointed out a few things. Thats doesn't even make much sense and if your going to be one of those crazy fanboys, GTFO

For me it's the PS3 because i've played all the gta's on the playstation systems, we even got the psp ports of the gta's.

Plus the xbox controller sucks it's also funny that people have to replace the controller batterys how annoying, the gta's just don't not fell the same on the xbox systems lol.

For me it's the PS3 because i've played all the gta's on the playstation systems, we even got the psp ports of the gta's.

Plus the xbox controller sucks it's also funny that people have to replace the controller batterys how annoying, the gta's just don't not fell the same on the xbox systems lol.

And now the opinion of the guy who hasn't picked a side when it comes down to the 2 consoles:

360 controller is superior.

Enough console bashing. Just state why that thing is worth it or not.