Who thinks GTA 4 is abit of a let down?

TO be hinest once you have finished the and seen most of the cool sites there nothing to do, its aliitle bit of a let down i think. Its kinda boring without planes an the multiplayer isnt as awesome as i thought.

when u finished and done all of the side missions what else is there to do?

The problem with you is you expect way too much from a game.

It has easily 40+ hours of gameplay, you beat it... you buy a new game.

Yes but there is laods to do on San Andreas when u complete the story line and 100% it, u can fly around and mess around with the harriers get dog fights an stuff.

Dont get me wrong i love the game, its just it boring after you complete it the only good thing to do is blow the shit out of the cops, and that loses its charm after a while.

You do know that the story got 2 endings right? Then play the storyline all over again. That doubles the gameplay. And I don't believe you have explored everything in the city, so there is another option.

The multiplayer is kickass, you just probably suck at it. You miss the planes? to be honest i feel planes would be pointless in this game (i did enjoy them in SA) you would fly accross the map in 10 seconds and then what? ok you could fly over the ocean but that don't really do it for me. You could fight police helicopters. You got all the acheivements? you could try for that. Practice your skills on the bikes you can do some pretty fancy stunts. Buy every item of clothing. Though for me the thing i enjoy most now (even though i havent got 100% but have completed story) is multiplayer, i think it is brilliant. If it bores you try a different mode, you will be surprised how enjoyable some modes can be given your on a team with good players.

Edit* I forgot to say what i think about it :) I think this is the best gta game yet, though i havent had as much fun on this one as i did on gta 3 (the story missions there were the best of any gta game imo). The new graphics and physics make for a great improvement to gta. But in doing this rockstar will have annoyed people. (though i cant help but feel if it had been the same as previous titles with new graphics a few of these complainers would be arguing it isn't next gen or something along them lines)

Edited by Zodiac

I dont mean to make it into a rant coz i do like the game just not as much as SA.

its not abut me sucking at multiplayer coz most of the time i win all of my matches. and it was fun just to fly around and eject an GTA 4 dont have parachute to get out helicopters which is boring u just rag doll to the floor.

I have completed the game 96% just need to get all the flying rats.

Getting out of cars is annoying as well, u die most of the time when u jump out speeding (they have made the game TOO realistic)

i have it for the Ps3 so no achievements, and i dont want it for the xbox (before u say)

I have ran thro all the alternate stories, when the stories gave u a chose i would save it in a different slot so i could play the rest of the other storylines.

the attack helicopter doesnt lock on with the guns so it near impossible to kill other helicopters in the air, and not enough weapons, oh and the weapon are too expensive and thru the storyline u dont earn enough money, and when u have 100%ed the game there is no other way to get money besides killing people and with that u get $40 so u have to kill alot of people to get anything.

and i am sure i cud pick out some more things, but I LIKE THE GAME, it is alittle bit of a let down!

Edited by Phantom_Renegde

Well, why don't you just take your time and enjoy the game? As well as that, try out Multiplayer.

If you finish the game early, you're going to get bored. It's a typical thing that would happen to almost everyone who finishes the game early. The developers anticipated us to enjoy the game and not to rush through it like it's a race. Most of us do take our time, but the minority of us will rush it and finish it completely, and will in the end begin saying it's a let down like you've said. So here's something; Next time round, take your time when you play IV. Enjoy it.

The multiplayer is awesome, I've seen previews of it and have actually seen my friend play it. If you play against 5-6 players, it will be fun. If you play around 2-3 players, it won't be as fun.

Another option would be to explore the city. The scenery looks awesome, so why not check it out in detail? That would be interesting to do. So basically, enjoy your time in IV, don't rush it and get bored.

TO be hinest once you have finished the and seen most of the cool sites there nothing to do, its aliitle bit of a let down i think. Its kinda boring without planes an the multiplayer isnt as awesome as i thought.

when u finished and done all of the side missions what else is there to do?

You're just saying that because you never take the time to try!

Well, why don't you just take your time and enjoy the game? As well as that, try out Multiplayer.

If you finish the game early, you're going to get bored. It's a typical thing that would happen to almost everyone who finishes the game early. The developers anticipated us to enjoy the game and not to rush through it like it's a race. Most of us do take our time, but the minority of us will rush it and finish it completely, and will in the end begin saying it's a let down like you've said. So here's something; Next time round, take your time when you play IV. Enjoy it.

The multiplayer is awesome, I've seen previews of it and have actually seen my friend play it. If you play against 5-6 players, it will be fun. If you play around 2-3 players, it won't be as fun.

Another option would be to explore the city. The scenery looks awesome, so why not check it out in detail? That would be interesting to do. So basically, enjoy your time in IV, don't rush it and get bored.

TM's Right. There's sooooooooooo many things to!!!!!

I've finished it, and I'm pleased with how the whole game went. It's very different from the traditional GTA format, you don't end up as the kingpin of the city like previous games, you're just one guy struggling to make a living, and maybe some people have been put off by that. It was made extremely clear though around the time by Rockstar, that it's a 'rags to better rags' tale. Around 1/3 of the missions are excellent, with 1/3 okay and the other 1/3 a bit dull and difficult, and it has lots of replay value. Not for the endings though, because you can just create 2 save files after the previous mission and then get both of them, but just creating havoc around the city. If you use cheats after finishing the game, even better. You know, I've just started again with cheats, and it's remarkable fun. I haven't yet got bored of it at all, I play it hours at a time and still want more after about 3 hours. So, if you are bored of it, make up your own rules - act as a normal pedestrian and drive around the whole city, only use RPGs in shootouts, fly the helicopter between the tightest gaps possible, explore every alleyway, kill every 'Flying Rat', etc etc. The whole city is there for you to muck around in, it's just your imagination, or lack of, that's restricting the experience. :yup:

So where does the 'New' Liberty City fit in?

The fact that San Andreas is referred to and advertised on the tv means that both must co-exist, but San Andreas residents would be familiar with the 'original' Liberty City as this was included as missions in San Andreas??

Surely there cannot be TWO Liberty Cities? All previous titles fit together superbly and are cross referenced for realism, just like to know where this city fits in as the restaurant area etc do not exist in the new.