Your favourite gta wanabee

mike_subuzi

What is your favourite gta wanabee ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite gta wanabee ?

• Mercenaries
    • the getaway
    • driver 3
    • mafia
    • true crime
    • the simpsons : hit and run
    • 25 to life

The correct term would be "similar to GTA".

You are right, the correct term is similar, just didnt come to my mind when I was posting.

That's like saying one racing game is copying the other because they are both racing games. If everyone thought like that we'd only have like 50-100 games to play.

You are right with the racing games analogy, but in the particular case of GTA style, is not base in just one thing, is just a mix of a lot of games styles like racing, action, some RPG, and some other genres, making the "GTA genre", wich games like some of the listed above are based, wich is a contradiction to myselfe because I am saying that is original, but the "GTA genre" is not just 1, while racing is just racing.

Games like Driv3er, True Crime, have some of those genres (maybe not all), that why you can call the, GTA Wannabe or GTA style or similar to GTA, because most of the people cant think about them without thinking in GTA first, as most of the people cant think of Christina Aguilera without thinking about Britney Spears (I know, thats the worst example but is the one that came to my mind :P ).

I know wannabe is not the most accurate term, but is not so wrong to use it for this and some games, while other games in the poll I have no idea of why they are there.

• 1 month later...