New Virus

Vercetti Thug

Expires at the end of this month, and what worries me about this virus is that when i open up my GTA Vice City main folder where i extracted the Vice City Ultimate files, it came up twice, even though I deleted it once.

It says Virus Identified as Win32/Fujacks.J, and its icon name was pzdvc10t.exe

Unless the file is completely terminated, and no cookies or whatsoever left of it, no virus should come on your laptop.

However, if there is still any extension for it, then once your AVG is off, the virus will strike and your computer may be spread out with it.

What I suggest is that you buy an anti-virus such as NOD or so, or you can download it for free via torrent.

If you don't want to pay for anything, then I suggest you download "Avast! Home Edition", when you download it, there will be a free-trial, but then just register it; which is surprizingly free.

Unless the file is completely terminated, and no cookies or whatsoever left of it, no virus should come on your laptop.

However, if there is still any extension for it, then once your AVG is off, the virus will strike and your computer may be spread out with it.

What I suggest is that you buy an anti-virus such as NOD or so, or you can download it for free via torrent.

If you don't want to pay for anything, then I suggest you download "Avast! Home Edition", when you download it, there will be a free-trial, but then just register it; which is surprizingly free.

Agreed. Avast works fine for me... :coolthumbup:

• 4 months later...

They are seen as 'hacks' because of the extent of their modding capabilities. Most security products may think its a threat because it doesn't presume (And rightly so.) that it is a harmless file, seeing as it is modifying files stored in the Program Files folder, and SOME files that do that do it for the wrong reasons without your consent, and therefore, the security software warns you. The security software warns you because it doesn't know or did not recognise that it actual fact, you allowed the modification and it is not a virus.

Hopefully, this explanation explains it all! :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic:

Also, I would also like to say that I agree with those who support avast!. It is a great security product and I have never had any issues with it. It was rated 5 out of 5 by the CNET download.com editor, and it came with my new computer. What does that tell you? B)

Edited by Nez Man