Storyline Choices & Consequences

Disa

I have recently completed all the storyline missions in the game. Until I finished them, I didn't really pay much attention to the sidemissions (vigilante, package delivery, taxi etc.) as I was pushing for the 30 hours or less storyline xbox achievement (which I also failed...) Though when finishing the storyline, at the final mission, I chose the option which killed Roman. When I later heard that Roman offered taxi missions, and since he's now dead, how to complete them, or even start them?

Regarding Stevie's text-car deals I also have read about, those missions have not even been in my game, which is currently at 78% completion. When do they start? Have I made a mission choice so they aren't available?

In the mission where choosing between Playboy X or Dwayne, I killed Dwayne. After having killed Dwayne, I then got ditched by X, whom dissapeared from the game, and didn't give me any more missions or other goodies. Since I also have read that if I had gone for X instead, I would have a new uptown flat and new outfit. Once again, I regrett my choice.

Because of all of these options which are available, I have been searching for a list of sort. A list where all options and their consequences are listed. Kinda like a walkthrough of the game, in order to not miss anything until it's too late.

There are heaps more in other missions which I cannot recall to be honest. As well as other little notes for sidemission, killing or not killing in missions (any difference really????) etc. which I reckon would be useful for someone at that stage in the game, instead of having to google heaps everytime there is a slight option.

So lets add some true spoilers here, so those whom so choice, can optimise their GTAIV experience. Indeed, it's a bloody fun game, and there's no fun in missing out!

A few of the choices I made were:

Final mission

Going for the money or the revenge?

I went for the money. This cashed in 250k (I think, not sure. Anyone?) as well as killed Roman. With Roman dead, no more taxi missions.

I have read that if choosing revenge instead, Kate would die? I have Kate in my mobile now, with no options, and she never picks up! Boring as h*#l frankly. Why choose either or?

Playboy X or Dwayne

Who to kill, and what benefits/loses from each?

I went for killing Dwayne. Just after, Playboy X called and claimed I was a cold SOB and ditched me, not providing any more missions, sidemissions or anything. He even dissapeared from the mobile phone.

I have gone for the death of Playboy X instead, any benefits there? I have heard rumors about getting his flat? Would that mean another safehouse or? Also I have heard something about an outfit, that true?

When I later heard that Roman offered taxi missions, and since he's now dead, how to complete them, or even start them?

As far as I know, the taxi mission is only available at the first island in Broker. After that they ain't available anymore.

Regarding Stevie's text-car deals I also have read about, those missions have not even been in my game, which is currently at 78% completion. When do they start? Have I made a mission choice so they aren't available?

I think they are available after the missions with Bruice.

There are heaps more in other missions which I cannot recall to be honest. As well as other little notes for sidemission, killing or not killing in missions (any difference really????) etc. which I reckon would be useful for someone at that stage in the game, instead of having to google heaps everytime there is a slight option.

The killing and not killing does make a small different in the storyline, I haven't really got the chance to experience the different yet though.

Playboy X or Dwayne

Who to kill, and what benefits/loses from each?

I went for killing Dwayne. Just after, Playboy X called and claimed I was a cold SOB and ditched me, not providing any more missions, sidemissions or anything. He even dissapeared from the mobile phone.

I have gone for the death of Playboy X instead, any benefits there? I have heard rumors about getting his flat? Would that mean another safehouse or? Also I have heard something about an outfit, that true?

Yes, it is true you get Playboy X mansion including a GTA 3 outfit.

just to add to the previous poster, you can do taxi missions on in the beginning but they're one-shots. you have to call roman at the cab depot for each one and they don't contribute to 100%.

as for choosing dwayne or playboy, if you kill dwayne playboy gives you cash and then disappears on you (the worse choice as far as i can tell). if you kill playboy you get his apartment in north algonquin (complete with the outfit from gta3 and a nice pool table you can't use), you get dwayne as a friend and once you get him to a certain point of liking you (75% or 80%) you can call dwayne and he'll send a car full of gangsters to help you out wherever you called from. i even had one of them jump on the back of my motorcycle and shoot at people chasing me (a completely unexpected but welcome surprise).

as for stevies missions, i've always associated them with finishing the first Phil Bell mission because that gives you the assassination missions, but i read that it's after completing derrick mccreary's first mission (where he's smacked out in a park in alderny) and makes you chase down his associate at the burgershot. after that just answer every random call from brucie and in between steroid driven rants he'll give you the missions.