COD5 already in out in 2008

Ivan

"Hot on the tail of news that Grand Theft Auto 4 just became the bestselling entertainment launch of all time, ever, beating out Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, competing publisher Activision has stepped up and announced that they’ll be launching Call of Duty 5 in fall of this year.

Aaand no one heard them because they were too busy killing Albanian loan sharks and chasing hookers through Liberty City. But, once people get bored of GTA4 (read: never), I’m sure they’ll be itching for some good old fashioned FPS action. And those who don’t own an XBOX or a PS3 won’t be left hanging because it’ll be coming out for PC, Wii, PS2 and DS also. (But COD3 pretty much sucked for the Wii, so I don’t know if that’s really good news).

Activision’s CEO has also said that it’ll be set in a “new military theatre.” A more urban setting reminiscent of a large northeastern metropolis, perhaps?"

Source1 Source 2

So what are your thoughts on this?

COD 4's graphics where ok. Seriously, nothing very special. But they somehow made everything just very nice. Even though the particles actually suck and objects were very inflexible. And I'm talking about maxed out settings BTW.

Also, I found COD 4 to be actually quite a bit more fun to play than GTA IV. You can't really compare them. GTA has got it's pros and cons and so does COD 4. Though in COD 4 they weren't very evident IMO.

Though for a longer period of time, GTA would be better.

I just don't see why they would make the game in WWII again, it's one step back. The made a huge break through with modern warfare, I just don't see why they will make the game in the 1940 again. People are tired of WWII now.

This is the only FPS game I like, COD 4 was amazing, especially its graphics but the storyline was too short but this was made up by multiplayer, just hope Activison are taking their time.

So true, the multiplayer kicked hardcore ass though.

I just don't see why they would make the game in WWII again, it's one step back. The made a huge break through with modern warfare, I just don't see why they will make the game in the 1940 again. People are tired of WWII now.

Yeah I know what you're saying. Me and my friends were thinking about possibly Vietnam war? But I heard rumours it's going back to WWII so that kinda sucks. I think my friend told me Infinity Ward might not make it and the company that made CoD3 (Treyarch) might make it, while Infinity Ward will make CoD6 (some continuation of the modern theme)? Sounds farfetched so I dunno. Also I'm not sure how the combining of Activision and Vivendi Games into Activision Blizzard will change anything?

Edit: Also just found this. Never really been on kotaku that much so I'm not sure. And if kotaku is right then my friend was right and Treyarch is making it. And a WWII Pacific environment doesn't sound that exciting to me...

Sources tell us that the upcoming Call of Duty 5 game in development is already playable, and currently going through quality assurance.

Treyarch is also said to be the developer, and the title, we're told, is set in a WWII Pacific environment and will be using Call of Duty 4's engine, the same engine on which the upcoming James Bond: Quantum of Solace movie game is being built.

Yesterday, on the company's call to investors, Activision publishing CEO Mike Griffith said CoD5 would be coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and DS, in addition to a return for the franchise to PS2 and Wii for the first time in two years.

Edited by Artur

Treyarch is also said to be the developer, and the title, we're told, is set in a WWII Pacific environment and will be using Call of Duty 4's engine, the same engine on which the upcoming James Bond: Quantum of Solace movie game is being built.

At least they decide to use the same engine as COD4, that might make the WWII a bit better, but it still boring. I hope they take more from COD4 so it don't is huge step back but a small step.

I really think Activision is starting to take advantage of the CoD series. CoD3 was good, but the graphics were meh. Gameplay was fucking intense but a cover system could have been a lot better. I don't think it's totally right to release a sequel so early.

I'd like a cover system, similar to the Gears Of War one though.

Cover systems aren't nice for first person shooters.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a first person shooter but still got a cover system which works perfectly fine. So not all of them sucks but most of them do.

I'd like a cover system, similar to the Gears Of War one though.

Cover systems aren't nice for first person shooters.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a first person shooter but still got a cover system which works perfectly fine. So not all of them sucks but most of them do.

I love that game. Loved it so much I changed my TGTAP name to the game's name!

But yeah, R6V had a great cover system. It was very effective because the camera switched to 3rd person whenever the cover system was switched on.