over rated

JROCK

It's not over-rated, it deserves all this success. The game is immensely fun to play, and there are secrets there that we'll probably never find, such is the scale of the city. It is a little disappointing that a lot of (admittedly minor) features were taken out - like using ATM machines and climbing telegraph poles, and the game is quite easy, but it hardly affects the overall impact the game has had. I haven't even explored half the map, and I bet over 3/4 of you haven't either, it's absolutely massive. It's definitely the best GTA yet, and you just know they'll take everything good from this game and make the next one even better.

I think its the best game ever made but i also think it is over rated because no game can be 10/10. Its never perfect, and yes it is the best GTA out of the series and maybe even the best game ever made but i mean 10/10 is not possible. 10/10 is a game where you can do ANYTHING which is impossible for a video game (In our generation). Otherwise it cannot be 10/10 cuz a game cannot be perfect. I still love it but rather than 10/10 id give it 10/12 cuz its setting new standards to video games. It could even be 199/200 but not = / = (perfect).

And D Fox ask MrLlamaLlama for a sig because trust me, he is the best at making graphics.

10/10 never means a perfect score. I don't know any gaming publication that outright says a game that gets their maximum score is perfect, unless you count gag scores that will never be handed out. It's kinda like thinking everyone who's a black belt is a martial arts master.

Edited by L-RiC

10/10 never means a perfect score. I don't know any gaming publication that outright says a game that gets their maximum score is perfect. It's kinda like thinking everyone who's a black belt is a martial arts master.

still it does not deserve 10/10. Its a game, just like any other game..... Its somehow cooler and better than most regular games but still there has not really been much new things you could do... Its pretty good but not even 10/10. I beat it and thats my oppinion. SA brought more new features, this was just a lot better generally but it was the same old shit, but that kinda makes it GTA....

There were only a few new features to it. SA introduced car tuning, dressing, swimming, eating, flying, buying property, working out, playing minigames, driveby, making friends, etc;

This indroduced nothing new exept for the police system ripped off scarface and taking a cab and maybe a few others but still. If not multiplayer it would have not been that super.

i would give it a 9 1/2 out of ten cuase theres somethings that that are missing from the game

There's nothing missing. It is what it is. One thing it is not is GTA SA 2. SA fans just don't like that they didn't include everything from that game which to me wasn't necessary to make it a good game anyway. IV is such an improvement over the previous games in the series. I don't expect everyone to agree with that. The long time SA fans just can't get over the fact that they can't parachute, jetpack, or fly planes in this one. It doesn't make it any less of a game because those things arent' there. I see all the improvements in the game where others just see something missing that they enjoyed in a past game. We have different viewpoints and there's just no way everyone will agree on it.

To me this game was worth a 10. No game is perfect but there's a point with games where you reach a pinnacle at a certain time where a game goes way beyond anything you expected it to be. To me this game does that. I feel it deserves the best score you can give it because it's just that good overall.

There's nothing missing. It is what it is. One thing it is not is GTA SA 2. SA fans just don't like that they didn't include everything from that game which to me wasn't necessary to make it a good game anyway. IV is such an improvement over the previous games in the series. I don't expect everyone to agree with that. The long time SA fans just can't get over the fact that they can't parachute, jetpack, or fly planes in this one. It doesn't make it any less of a game because those things arent' there. I see all the improvements in the game where others just see something missing that they enjoyed in a past game. We have different viewpoints and there's just no way everyone will agree on it.

Agreed. I believe most people who think GTA IV is overrated are people that want a game exactly the same as San Andreas and can't let go. This is the new era, let San Andreas get some alone time for once and move on.

i would give it a 9 1/2 out of ten cuase theres somethings that that are missing from the game

i personally think that jetpacks in SA are overrated

as for GTA IV, i'd give it 9/10, judging from every aspects that's in the game, not from what's not in the game. you gotta feel the GTA IV environment instead of thinking about SA features, whining about the features like babies who don't like their new toy does not bring it in GTA IV

you know what? SA has it's ups and downs too, i think the girlfriend feature sucks BAD, food everyday is a bit boring after a while, i'm tired of the hood takeover when i already got 'em all, the police are too far easy(seriously i think i die much more because of the VC police)

i still love SA till now, i don't hate it but i don't like some of the features. look, my point is that GTA IV is the same case, i love it, but it has ups and downs because i already played SA. it isn't comparable to SA, since it's just a starter game. you all gotta face the facts that next GTA's are gonna be like IV, only improved.

Edited by Denny Crane!