over rated

JROCK

The game did deserve some hype. But people were just going nuts over it. I think they were expecting a custom character creation and a bit more activities. When the next GTA comes out, the hype will be horrible due to the multiplayer. Rumors will spread across XBL during the production, just like it did with this game.

The game did deserve some hype. But people were just going nuts over it. I think they were expecting a custom character creation and a bit more activities. When the next GTA comes out, the hype will be horrible due to the multiplayer. Rumors will spread across XBL during the production, just like it did with this game.

Nobody thought there was going to be a custom character.

And you know this, how?

The game isnt really over rated at all, there are new features in the game, actually there are a lot,

1. Better Graphics (Not a new thing actually but it needs at least to be noted)

2. Better Combat mode, with some more features in it (A little thing but isnt it the little things that makes it all great?)

3. Internet Cafe, Comedy Club, Other Clubs Around (Yeah in the old one there were some clubs but the social life in this game finally does something good)

4. Online Mode (Of course this is one of the things that is best, and because of the range of how much you can do this game rules for that)

5. New Physics Mode (You can do much more hang around things, even hang on a cars door, you can cover yourself to just about anything, and much more, when you are shot on parts, there will actually happen something and not just let you walk on, the same goes for the NPC´s oh and the way you die has also changed, there are just so many things to the physics department)

6. Mobile Phone, this thing makes the game more believeable, and there are tons of things you can do with the Phone, it makes the game become more real in every way)

7. A bigger Soundtrack (There are over 10 radio stations in the game, which is a great thing, more to listen to when you drive...´)

8. Downloadble content (The Xbox 360 has this and the PS3 will get this in 2008 fourth quarter so why bitch about that)

9. How you defeat affects a little of the storyline not much but this is still a little better, so if you do something it might change the end, which will mean there is a replay in the Main Story)

10. There is New York and New Jersey in this game, thats cool)

That was some of the new features in the game, there is more then these features, the game shouldnt be compared to SA they are just two differrent paralles, almost everything new in SA is also in GTA IV so what if some single Jetpacks, Tanks, and a little more isnt in it, they game has won, it is a game worthy and it surely deserves its 10/10 rating, stop comparing it to SA and start realising what the game has.

Oh Of course i know about the thing that there arent any planes in the game, but there are Helicopters so you can still fly around, thats cool, so stop bitching...

Edited by Sword Of Leon

Well, I haven't posted here for about 6 months, if I am right so I thought on saying here something.

Well, now I got GTA 4 about 2 weeks ago and it took me some time to complete it, all the missions. Then I started to "party" with Niko's friends in-game. From my opinion the game isn't overrated, it deserves the rate that it had been given to. I see that mostly, people here are comparing it to SA and that is totally bullshit. SA was created in 2004-2005, if I am right and IV was created in 2007. When SA appeared it was a big hit, yes, but everything changed after IV appeared. How other guys said, a new era began in GTA games. Even if they have the same name, the GTA part, SA and IV are different games, if I can say like this.

Sword of Leon said all the things very good and clarified them very well.

So, as a conclusion, IV hasn't been overrated.

TL:DR

Personally, before the game came out I did not have that high of expectations ... even with the previews I didn't thing GTA IV was going to be anything more than another cut and paste game like most of the others were. Not that the other cookie cutter games were not fun, after all I love Zelda and Mario and all of those games are pretty much the same as the one before it. I just didn't think GTA IV was going to be anything to cream your pants over like every one was pretty much doing.

To put it bluntly I was completely wrong. I think it is absolutely amazing and well worth the wait. While still slightly cookie cutter it took GTA to a whole new level, much like III did back in the day.

I don't particually with 10s across the board, but it was bound to happen one day considering the old GTAs were close to getting them too.

It may lack features that SA had, but there was no way R* were going to add everything in their first GTA attempt for this gen. The way I look at it is what it lacks, it makes up for in other areas.

I was just playing SA about a hour ago, and you can definitely see R* have tried to concerntrate on vital areas of core gameplay, without adding too many extras.

The features will come, but people just have to have patience. I like the old GTAs for different reasons, and GTA IV for new ones. To me it still feels like GTA, just more grown up.

Edited by MiamiViceCity