European Championship

mutu

I made this topic so everyone can discuss the European Championship in soccer which starts 7 of June.

To make this topic get started I'll ask a question.

Who is gonna watch Euro 2008? I know Im gonna watch it, who else?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch? I did. Really didn't care for any of the teams playing today though. Tomorrow is going to be exciting however, France v Romania and Italy v Netherlands! I'll be at school during the France game, which is really the one I want to watch out of the two. :/ Game starts for me at 11.50am so I definitely won't be at home.

It'd be awesome if we got to watch it in French class! :]

I saw first-half of the german game. I've pretty much watched a little of every match so far. Im really looking forward to the France-Romania today. Go France! :P

Canny Romania leave France frustrated from euro2008.uefa.com :clapping:

It was a good match, Romania dominated a little bit IMO but France had some great chances ...

Holland have scored two absolutely top quality counter attacking goals in that game against Italy, they were superb and even with key players like Robben out they really did perform. The two counter attracking goals though were fabulous, Van Der Sar was superb in goal as well.

Moutinho did play well for Portugal the other day but I was more impressed with Pepe

I didn't really watch any of the matches yet. I would right now be supporting England if they were in it, I get teased at school for supporting England (they want me to support Scotland) but what do you expect, I'm English, I have the right to. Anyway, this European Championship I will be wanting France to win.

I must say that Im suprised that Netherlands beat Italy, the world champions, with 3-0. I would had expected like 1-0, or even 2-0, but not 3-0 at all. I only watched the first-half as all the other games. Todays matches are Greece-Sweden and Spain-Russia. If im gonna bet I'll bet that Sweden wins 2-0, and Spain wins 1-0 over Russia.

We would still win(probably), but yeah, Moutinho defenitly deserves to be number 10.

Dont you think Portuguese people are being WAY too stupid and WAY too patriotic about, everything related to this?

Hell yeah.

That's kind of what I don't like about the Euro, portugal fanatics everywhere.

Sweden is full of them.

The Holland game was great, the best one so far. All the other games, apart from the Portugal game and the Germany Poland game, have been boring to watch. I also think the ball isn't right for the tournament, it should be heavier. Numerous people have complained about it, even Cech, the Czech GK. I think Portugal and Germany are the 2 stand-out favourites - Germany didn't really click as they can, but Klose and Gomez are a deadly duo who will get goals, and Portugal play a quick passing game, with Ronaldo and Simao on the wings. They don't have a main striker, but they're doing okay so far. I hope they'll be more games like Holland and Italy, otherwise my eyes will just glaze over.

I agree with you Bossman, the Netherland-Italy game is the best so far. Netherland also has a quick passing game as you meantioned, that's how they scored their great goals. I personally liked the second goal the best, it was pure football if you ask me.

Holland truly played total football like the 1974 team with Cruyff etc. Yesterday I was really impressed with Van Der Vaart and Sneider who really controlled the tempo of the game and were running the game.

I particularly liked the third goal when Van Der Sar made a superb save from Pirlo and then Holland just counter attacked and scored, it was realyl mouthwatering stuff.