European Championship

mutu

Totally agree that Holland - Italy 3-0 was the best game so far ... Maybe the dutch demoralized Italy so we could beat or have a draw with them :rolleyes:

srsly I'll be happy if we ( Romania ) gain 3 points considering the power of the other teams ... 10 minutes 'till Spain - Russia right ? Viva España

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holland just beat France 4-1 in a really exciting game. I love the way the Dutch are playing their 4-3-3 formation and I have been really impressed by Van der Vaart and Sneijder who always seem to run things from midfield.

Holland are now through to the Quarter Finals but I also have to say Romania are doing really well, and have some nice skillful players in Dica and Nicolita, Mutu played well today as well but missed a crucial penalty which would have seen them win against Italy, who are just dissapointing alongside France.

Holland was great tonight, the result helps Romania to qualify, still anything could happen. I'm glad that the GA of France and Italy are below zero ...

Also Mutu, plays for Fiorentina ( Italian League ) so he may have missed the penalty on purpose but maybe I'm wrong ... 4 million euros per season or to dissapoint an entire nation, hmm tough choice for him ...

Tomorrow we have Sweden - Spain wich I expect to be an interesting match ...

Holland was great tonight, the result helps Romania to qualify, still anything could happen. I'm glad that the GA of France and Italy are below zero ...

Also Mutu, plays for Fiorentina ( Italian League ) so he may have missed the penalty on purpose but maybe I'm wrong ... 4 million euros per season or to dissapoint an entire nation, hmm tough choice for him ...

Tomorrow we have Sweden - Spain wich I expect to be an interesting match ...

Romania has to play the Netherlands, I don't get how it helps them. Even if they do rest their players, I still think they're going to beat Romania. Which (to me), means that the France v. Italy game will be extremely interesting. I'm guessing France will win. They had a bunch of good chances today against the Netherlands (especially the one with Henry when he basically just had to tap it in but ended up kicking it way over the net). Italy definitely should have won today though, their goal in the 45th clearly wasn't off-sides.

Can't wait until tomorrow's matches. Really want to watch Russia v. Greece! :D

I think Romania has an advantage playing agaist a qualified team because

1. they will most likely rest some of the key players

2. we kinda helped them in the qualification matches so they owe us

3. I think they want Italy and France disqualified ( two great teams that could cause them trouble if they meet again ) We'll have to wait and see ...

Now, for today's match, Sweden - Spain, I think both teams will qualify, so maybe it'll end in a draw ... One thing I don't understand, why did Luis Aragones left Raul home, IMO the best spanish player in a long time. :wtf:

MishoM: No doubt that wasn't offside, but many referee mistakes left Romania home for many years, one example is Urs Meier, unffair penalty for Denmark and he ignored the 4 minutes ET showed by the 4th official, the game's extratime took 6 minutes, enough for Denmark to score again and eliminate Romania from the EURO 2004 qualifiers, so I think we deserve at least this goal.

Edited by Gycu X

Im suprised over Romania's performances so far. I heard they played a draw match againt Italy which is good for them. Italy has played weak matches so far. And Im not suprise if they don't make it to the Quarter Finals. Today Sweden and Spain plays against each other, which can be an extremelly excitning match.

Edited by mutu

Huge mistake by Greece's goalkeeper, there was absolutely no reason to go out like that. That said, I'm glad Russia won. I'm hoping they can top Sweden and advance with Spain!

What's everyone think about tomorrow's matches? Portugal v. Switzerland and Czech v. Turkey. I'm guessing Portugal and Czech will be the winners. These next set of matches should be quite interesting, what with all the teams fighting to survive!

Huge mistake by Greece's goalkeeper, there was absolutely no reason to go out like that. That said, I'm glad Russia won. I'm hoping they can top Sweden and advance with Spain!

What's everyone think about tomorrow's matches? Portugal v. Switzerland and Czech v. Turkey. I'm guessing Portugal and Czech will be the winners. These next set of matches should be quite interesting, what with all the teams fighting to survive!

Portugal will win the match imo. Not too sure about Czech.

Wowowowow. Who watched the Czech Republic against Turkey? The Czechs were winning 2-0 with about 15 minutes left, and then ending up losing 3-2 to the Turks. I was extremely surprised, but Turkey deserved it due to the last 20 minutes, it was spellbinding to watch. Cech was at fault for all the goals, he got a hand to the first goal and tipped it against the post, but he should have kept it out, he dropped the ball for the 2nd goal and the striker scored from it, and he was out of position for the stunning 3rd goal. Best goalkeeper in the world, don't make me laugh. Van Der Sar and Buffon are much better. Even Lehmann.

With a bit of luck, Ronaldo will be struck by lightning in the 93rd, with Germany trailing about 12 - 0

My dream match result ^_^

Oi Oi fuck off :P

What has Portugal done to YOU? :P

But I reckon we will loose and fail, but portugal is used to failing we have been doing so for some time now.

Yeah, we're real pros ya know? No messin' with us :P

But hell it would be worse to go against Croatia.